iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Staging some logs.

Started by Skoalbandit78, November 28, 2012, 11:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skoalbandit78

I have been dragging in some logs for some lumber. They don't do me much good if I don't have a sawmill though!

And here is my dog Mattie.

sawmillhand

man those are some nice logs there   ;D.   If i was close i would help you out.
1990 woodmizer LT40 Hyd  2004 Ford F350 Flatbed. Plenty of tractors.

Skoalbandit78

Thanks sawmill hand, I am going to order my mill on December 5th. I am countin down the days.

sawmillhand

nothing like getting a mill.  i remember i bought a old mr. sawmill ($800.00)it was my first mill and all manual. it wasnt the greatest but all i could afford then. I cut my first log on it and was hooked from day one. I now have  a lt40hyd woodmizer 1990 model (still not brand new) but new to me  i love it.
1990 woodmizer LT40 Hyd  2004 Ford F350 Flatbed. Plenty of tractors.

thecfarm

Looks like a good spot for a sawmill. What kind of tractor is that,Mahindra? about 40hp. Glad to see Mattie keeping an eye on you. My dog HATES the noise of my tractor. He's been around it since day one,but does like it one bit. I can see his ears go back every time I start that thing. he's not around it much.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Meadows Miller

Gday

You have done a top job with getting your logs in order Mate  ;)  ;D  ;D 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

bandmiller2

"C"farm,if your tractor has a turbo thats probibly why bowser doesn't like it.High pitch wine we can't hear.Most cats don't like vacume cleaners for the same reason. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Skoalbandit78

It is a Massey Ferguson. It's not the biggest thing but it does an ok job. You do a lot of improvising when your poor. Ha ha.

Magicman

You are going to do fine for sure.  What species of logs?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Skoalbandit78

Most of them are red oaks. There are some cherry, poplar, and one small cedar.

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Bogue Chitto

Dragging logs to the yard is a good idea before the mill arrives. That is what I did before I got mine.  It kept me very busy for a while. 

Skoalbandit78

I am in eastern Wv. About an hour north east of Charleston.

Leigh Family Farm

Look out there's an albino lion...oh wait...thats just your massive dog! Love the pictures of the logs and your anticipated work load.
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

clww

You don't appear to be too far from our cabin in Williamsville. Send me a PM sometime if you need a hand.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Skoalbandit78

123maxbars

What mill are you going with?
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Skoalbandit78

I am going to get a Norwood mx 34

Magicman

:)  You will be a happy sawyer.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

drobertson

Hey bandit, nice looking farm, beautiful area for sure!  love the hills.  I'm sure you will be doing just fine when you get started.  Nice looking logs as well, no better way to start than with good logs, 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

WDH

Good logs make happy sawyers.  You are starting off first class  8).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ohio_Bill

Bandet , You can drag those low grade tops out and cut them into  7 by 9 ties . Take them down to Portsmouth and get $ 22.00 . I just finished up a load today .
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

Thank You Sponsors!