iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sure is lonely around here.

Started by Southside, August 03, 2018, 10:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southside

With so many guys at the pig roast...One of these years I will make it. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

WV Sawmiller

Come on up to Sweet Spring WV tomorrow to the Omnivorous Earth Event there and we will commiserate together. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Southside

I would love to - just need to find a way to be able to get away now and then.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

LeeB

Don't feel like you are alone or lonely. Family is family whether we are in the the same place or not.  
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Roxie

And you've got a whole lot of company in wishing you were there.  bon_fire
Say when

samandothers

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on August 03, 2018, 11:14:48 PM
  Come on up to Sweet Spring WV tomorrow to the Omnivorous Earth Event there and we will commiserate together. :D
What is this, sounds tasty!

SawyerTed

Well I'm hanging out hearing the crickets chirp too.  Not even sawing.  

Tuesday I sharpened my pocket knife.  Wednesday I was trimming a transition/threshold between a hardwood floor and tile bathroom.  Long story short I cut my left index finger and am trying to heal.  It was a bad cut.  What's worse is the after effects of the tetanus shot.

Hope to return to sawing on Monday.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: samandothers on August 04, 2018, 10:38:27 AM
Quote from: WV Sawmiller on August 03, 2018, 11:14:48 PM
What is this, sounds tasty!
Sorry but not a cross-over to the Food Thread. It is the name of a community and a big old resort supposedly designed by Thomas Jefferson. Largely a bust with a bunch of tree huggers and old hippies trying to make a greener earth. (Note to self - Old Hippies sometimes have money.) They started the day with a talk on raising hemp and all the wonderful benefits of it. The guy beside me is pushing Hemp Oil which supposedly comes from Mayyjuwana and such. He says it is illegal but not enforced. I passed on it. As the voice of reason I am there with a load of benches, slabs, cookies, basswood carving blanks, buckeye woodburning blanks, crib blocks, tomato stakes, mantels, cherry and walnut live edge boards for projects/taxidermy, an assortment of my wife's pictures locally and from around the world. Basically I tell them Paint it, cut it, saw it or mulch it and it will grow back. One guy rode in on his horse leading a pack horse with a pack frame made from an old pallet and another bought a bunch of old farm tools and such that were his family heirlooms and such.

Here is one link to info on the old building and grounds. https://sanitariums.wordpress.com/2016/08/16/sweet-springs-sanitarium-west-virginia/

Its mostly advertising for me with several folks promising to call me about sawing or benches. I did sell one small ash bench to a customer. Here is my set up:

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

btulloh

Interesting event you went to WV.  Sounds kind of like Burning Man lite.  

Looks like a nice day there.  I think you've been in the same weather pattern as me.  Today was the first day with no rain.  I celebrated by putting the bush hog on.  Not as much fun as the Pig Roast or The Omnivorous Earth Event, but I am happy to be ready to beat back the jungle here.

You're right:  it does get mighty quiet around here during Pig Roast time.  
HM126

samandothers

Nice set up! I saw omnivore and mind went to food!

WV Sawmiller

Yeah, it ends today. I am fixing to go back over and will load up and return this afternoon. I hope we do better than yesterday.

I have a woodbuning sign that says "Vegetarian - Old Indian word for Poor Hunter." One teen aged boy came by and others were laughing at the sign and he said he did not get it. I told him to think about it. If you are a poor hunter what do you get to eat. Finally the light came on and he understood.
Howard Green

thecfarm

Sounds like a place the wife and me would enjoy going to.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Sixacresand

This was the Florida year so we had a week at Daytona and the Georgia Boy Fish Camp.  

Nice items you have for sale, WV Sawmiller
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

WV Sawmiller

6Acre,

Thanks. Unfortunately I have to go unload the trailer and re-stack most of them as the event was a real bust for sales. Maybe a couple of future sales from contacts made there will help. Time will tell.
Howard Green

Thank You Sponsors!