iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

selective

Started by woodmills1, June 29, 2006, 10:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

Just thought I would tell you that I cut 973 feet today. between the rains, and didn't hit one nail!  Imagin that.

But what I really wanted to say is now with the blue Ox I have so much pine that i was able to be selective.  Yes thats right i was picking up logs to saw for my long term high school contract and I caught myself saying, no too many knots put that aside.  I actually filled the woods trailer with almost clear butt log................ :D the shop teacher is gonna be so happy this year.

so................now I fight the denim syndrome although the copious rain has helped keep it at bay it is commin on strong now.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Tom

I used to donate to the High School shop classes.   I don't anymore.  We don't have them anymore.  They powers that be got rid of the program.  What a loss.

woodmills1

mine is a bid through some sort of consortium.  They bid and most years i end up as the low provider.  It is for things like napkins and styrofom but they have a wood products category and i am always like 20 cents under all others.  I do give away lotsa wood to shop teachers, the one I contract with and others, but these high school contracts turn out to be my bread and butter.     though more and more put kiln dried in the wording so i am out................... for now.... :D :P
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Ron Wenrich

My nephew had shop one year where they had to provide their own wood.  So, he calls me up.  They were making Adirondack chairs.  He gave me the specs and wanted pine.  He takes the wood to school and the shop teacher marvels at the quality (it was mainly clear).  No inquiries beyond that, but I didn't really push the issue. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

urbanlumberinc

Wow, I didn't think they had shop class anymore.  I thought we were all gonna be doctors and lawyers and furniture would just build itself as if by magic. :D :D :D

getoverit

nah, the chinese are gonna do it.... seems they are doing everything else these days....especially if the green people have deemed it environmentally unfriendly.

Some of my fondest memories are from my Jr High school days and woodshop. I never did make anything that was earth shattering, but I sure learned a lot about working with wood and how to safely handle tools. Now days, the only "tech" schools are at the local community college. I guess they dont have the liabilities if it is adults handling the tools instead of the kids. It is a shame though.... the kids could actually learn a GREAT hobby and find something useful to do with their spare time.
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

woodbeard

Hmm... 973bf at 36 bf/hr??
That's a long day! :o
;D

jpgreen

I truly believe the day they started dropping shop classes in America, this country started going down hill..  ::)
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

woodmills1

long days 8 days a week.............. :D  I think it was those non white appliances like avacado and harvest gold that was the beginning of the end. :P

woodmills1

been very very busy being selective.  The first two pics show some 7200 bd ft of nice pine, most 8 10 up to 16 inch wide.  Have a little over 80 hours invested.

Thank You Sponsors!