iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ice cream cone

Started by isawlogs, August 30, 2013, 10:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

Got this great idea that an ice cream cone would be good yesterday !!! 

So I ask Renée if she was willing to go for a ride to get one. So off we went on a mission. There is an Ice cream maker/factory that is a little ways off in Coaticook Qc. We have to go around the Memphremagog lake and cross a few vaslleys to get there but we made it and had our cone...  It was only a 6 hour/280kilometer round trip..... :)  We did go back country all the way and discovered a few covered bridges and a round barn.. but we had forgot the camera and phones ....  Vacations prior to retirement can be hard at times ....   :D :D :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

sandhills

Sounds like a great way to use six hours to me  ;)!

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

isawlogs

There where way too many to have in one visite .. So I did the next best thing and took vanilla.. I told renée we will be back for as many as they have to taste one at a time  ;D :)

I wanted a soft ice cream cone, next times will be the hard stuff   :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Autocar

Sounds like a good time !
Bill

Texas Ranger

Yep, sounds like a plan, ISaw, we have a creamery about 2 hours west that we make as often as possible, they have seasonal issues that we like, so we plan our trips.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Magicman

Quote from: isawlogs on August 30, 2013, 10:30:15 AMvanilla. 
Surprised, but no argument from me.  I chose vanilla today while Pat and I were on a business trip to Jackson.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

I don't have any cone here in my hand, but eating the real stuff just the same. They call it peanut butter and unsweetened Belgian Chocolate

Ingredients: cream, milk, sugar, peanuts, egg yolk, Belgian Choc, peanut oil, salt, vanilla.

Free of all the filler and fluff of the fake stuff. mmmm ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

I like vanilla and I like a ride. With the price of gas and ice cream we can spend $50 on a ice cream trip.  ;D   Did you get a waffle cone? That adds another 50 cents.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

pineywoods

Quote from: Texas Ranger on August 30, 2013, 04:07:14 PM
Yep, sounds like a plan, ISaw, we have a creamery about 2 hours west that we make as often as possible, they have seasonal issues that we like, so we plan our trips.

Bluebell ??? Definitely the best there is  ;D
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

pigman

Marcel, if you like ice cream and a trip, we have a nice ice cream shop not far from my house. It might take a little longer then six hours though.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Thank You Sponsors!