iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Map availability and sources

Started by vwc1950van, October 24, 2010, 06:30:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vwc1950van

As you can guess, I'm new to this forum.

I'm a beagler and hare/rabbit hunter.  As such, forest and marsh cover is very important in locating and harvesting these, and other small game.

There are a number of times, where being able to locate the most likely area to hunt, would be greatly helpful if maps that show and identify the appropriate cover could be used in conjunction with satalite and topographic maps that I have available.

Since I'm from wisconsin, are there any particular web sites that have interactive, or graphical features that include such information.

Having the proper cover maps that you have in the U.P. would also be valuable, as I have several individuals who live up by you, and that could also use such information.

The primary web site that I frequent, and am very much involved in postings and discussions is "The Hunted Hare".

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

woodtroll

vwc1950van

Thanks guys  8)

You directed me to just the site that I was hoping was out there (I never considered "cartography" in my search.

Thanks again from one of your close neigbors in Wisconsin.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of of you and having an interchange of ideas and the like

van

(PS): If you need info from down by me, just post or PM me; if I don't have an answer, I may be able to locate a source as you were able to do for me.

Thank You Sponsors!