iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forestry Camp Near Golden BC, Immigrant Workers living under Poor Conditions.

Started by SwampDonkey, August 30, 2010, 04:46:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

http://www.bclocalnews.com/news/100385874.html

"After 28 immigrant workers were found living in terrible conditions at a workcamp west of Golden, B.C. Federation of Labour wants the provincial government to investigate.

Company owners and 28 workers were found at the squalid camp. The workers had no money, no transportation and were unable to leave the remote site."
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Coon

Companies like this should not exist in todays age.  Here I thought the company I was dealing with was bad.  I am fighting over receiving my paychecks on time, being paid the same wage I was hired at and more.....  These guys have it alot worse than I do so I won't complain on this topic anymore.  ;)  :D   
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

jim king

The name Khaira would seem to indicate the owners are from India and the people from the Congo as well as the owners are probably living better in that camp than they did at home.  The developing world has some quite ugly aspects to it.

And the bad part is that it will not change soon if ever.

SwampDonkey

Jim, from what I can gather, the owners are East Indian. There is lots of chatter about the company over the internet, some talk from those who have worked for them also.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Buck

Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

sawguy21

The company owner claimed he is not responsible for the camp conditions. ??? ??? If not, who is? We see a lot of exploitation in the agricultural industry, often by their own countrymen. Seems the practice has expanded to forestry.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!