iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woods protection for JD 990

Started by mjeselskis, November 03, 2012, 05:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logman81

Yes it holds up very well, I keep mine on year round.
Precision Firewood & Logging

Ironwood

Nice tractor, GOOD choice. I was heading in that direction and then bought a skidloader and a 955 JD. Too many varied projects around here to try to do it all with one machine...... I really LIKED the 990's I was fortunate to grab a very clean low hour 955 locally, I had several guys "come searching" for the 955 that got away from them......the one guy was the previous owners farrier, man was he %$^& that he had missed it (he owns 2 already, I said why do you need 3???). Your 990 is a good simple machine.... all the right stuff, none of the fluff.......

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

mjeselskis

Quote from: Ironwood on November 17, 2012, 09:21:22 PM
Nice tractor, GOOD choice. I was heading in that direction and then bought a skidloader and a 955 JD. Too many varied projects around here to try to do it all with one machine...... I really LIKED the 990's I was fortunate to grab a very clean low hour 955 locally, I had several guys "come searching" for the 955 that got away from them......the one guy was the previous owners farrier, man was he %$^& that he had missed it (he owns 2 already, I said why do you need 3???). Your 990 is a good simple machine.... all the right stuff, none of the fluff.......

Ironwood
Thanks, it sounds like you have the same taste in tractors as I do. I wanted simple, reliable, and effective. All the features like hydrostatic, cruise control, computers, etc are really handy until the break. I actually had a hard time finding a newer tractor in the power range I was looking at that wasn't hydro, powershift, shuttleshift, etc. I ended up searching hard for a 990 or 1070 and finally found this one.
2006 WM LT28  1993 John Deere 5300
Husqvarna 562XP & 365 X-Torq

Ironwood

Yeah, I had called on a couple 990's in Texas....never called me back. The new tractors are....well silly to me, lots of sensors, relays and weak castings. The E-hydro on the new JD is TOTALLY annoying, takes a second or two to redirect, I could NOT stand it. ....and then in adverse environs, moisture, vibration, I cant see how that works in the LONG run. I think CAD (computer aided design) has really had the "bean counters" under, or to spec. engineering the machines. It is not like in the old (er) days here a factor of 2x was built into things.....like the Funk 6 cylinder or even V-8's on an 8n and the driveline and castings can take it. I hear of ALL sort of silliness out there, rear housings breaking, front spindles, on and on. Your is cast iron I beleive.....I have some buddies that work at JD dealers in service, they tell me all sorts of stories. That helped me ALOT in my choices. Even my Bobcat skidsteer is stupid simple, 763F....

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Thank You Sponsors!