iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Best place to buy a Husky 372XP?

Started by SAW, June 02, 2008, 12:45:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SAW

Looking to buy a new Husquvarna 372XP with my stimulus check.

The closest local dealer is about 25 miles from here and I just wanted to compare prices before I went up there.

Anybody know of a place that has the best deal on the saw?

thanks for the input
Seth

thecfarm

I always buy from my dealer.Need to build a relation with a good dealer.I know I could save some through an internet sells,but he needs to eat too.I'm about 15 miles from 2 dealers.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Maineloggerkid

I like the online prices, but the dealer ends up being better. You save some, but then you have to pay shipping. Also, most places online require you to buy a bar and chain seperate, while a dealer usually includes a bar and chain. At my dealer, I can get any saw with either a 16", 18", or 20" inch bar.
JD 540D cable skidder, and 2 huskies- just right.   

Loggers- Saving the world from the wrath of trees!

TexasTimbers

You cannot officially purchase Husky (or Stihl of course) saws online and have them shipped to you any longer. You can contact dealers via search engines and ask them to do so, but it's a hassle and you won't save anything.

But Husky dealers can no longer advertise and sell online. At least that's what the former two largest online Husky dealers - Bailey's and Norwalk Outdoor Power - have been told by Husqvarna.

25 miles is no sweat if you have a modern motorized vehicle with an internal combustion engine. I mean really, I'd walk a mile for a 372XP. On my elbows! 
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

deeker

Go to a Stihl dealer, if they still accept them in on trades.   8) 8)

Yes, I am partial to Stihl.

Good luck.  Post pics when you get one.
To those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know.  On an empty C-ration box.  Khe-Sahn 1968

SawTroll

Quote from: thecfarm on June 02, 2008, 04:33:28 AM
I always buy from my dealer......

Yep, if he is a good one (mine is)..... :)

...and voting for the right political party as well..... :D :D

I don't like the "best buy" questions (when focus is on price only), buy from someone you like, and want to deal further with.
Information collector.

Ironwood

Are they still available? I thought they were only available new old stock (and hard to find) or used. Perhaps I am wrong.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

bg372

Quote from: Ironwood on June 02, 2008, 10:02:55 PM
Are they still available? I thought they were only available new old stock (and hard to find) or used. Perhaps I am wrong.

Ironwood

they went away but came back in 07 i think. good saw. i have 2 and a 575xp

Urbicide

Oregon recently bought out Carlton. Carlton manufactures most of Bailey's Woodsman Pro series of chains, which I run. I wonder with Oregon buying up all of the competion what that will mean for us end consumers. Do you think the prices will go down and quality go up?
smiley_airfreshener smiley_airfreshener smiley_airfreshener smiley_airfreshener smiley_airfreshener smiley_airfreshener
Something stinks here....

Thank You Sponsors!