iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

f 250

Started by coxy, January 07, 2018, 11:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

21incher

Quote from: Southside logger on January 10, 2018, 09:52:19 PM
Of Course there is the famous Dodge Death Wobble that is always lots of fun!! 
My F350 gets it if you let the front tire pressure drop below 65 psi also. Got a warning notice from Ford about it years ago. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

dgdrls

The NYS Salt program is an equal opportunity destroyer  :(

D

coxy

Quote from: dgdrls on January 13, 2018, 08:34:42 AM

D
its funny we moan about the roads being crappy and then we moan about our car/trucks rusting away  ??? ;D

21incher

Quote from: coxy on January 13, 2018, 10:48:20 AM

D
its funny we moan about the roads being crappy and then we moan about our car/trucks rusting away  ??? ;D
At least if you have a steel truck it will slowly rust away. Aluminum ones disintegrate from that liquid they use. ;D ;D
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Bruno of NH

Had to file the lemon law on my last ford
F250 with the first year of the v10
Motor ran great 4x4 would kick in at 75 of 80 on the highway and blow all the parts up
The first 6 months spent 5 months at the dealer
Didn't even have a hearing on it Ford just sent a check :)
I drive gm now but will look at all brands when I buy again
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

21incher

Quote from: Bruno of NH on January 13, 2018, 05:56:05 PM
Had to file the lemon law on my last ford
F250 with the first year of the v10
Motor ran great 4x4 would kick in at 75 of 80 on the highway and blow all the parts up
The first 6 months spent 5 months at the dealer
Didn't even have a hearing on it Ford just sent a check :)
I drive gm now but will look at all brands when I buy again
That is funny because I had to file for the lemon law for a Red 1989 Chevy 2500HD. The first year of the IFS front end. Brake and front end problems. Spent 8 weeks of the first 4 months I had it in the shop waiting for parts and gm techs to look at it. Told Chevy to give me a different truck, they said never. Filed the papers and the court date was set. Got a call the day the papers were served from the head of GM in Westchester County and he met me at the GM dealer the next with a check for the truck, cap bed liner, and threw in the extra thousand dollar rebate I got when I bought it. They knew they would loose in court and didn't want the mark on their record. Headed to the Ford dealer on the way home. 8)

snowstorm

Quote from: 21incher on January 13, 2018, 12:00:21 PM

D
At least if you have a steel truck it will slowly rust away. Aluminum ones disintegrate from that liquid they use. ;D ;D
so dose every Pete. Kw or freightliner disintegrate?? They all have aluminum cabs and have had forever

dgdrls

D

common denominator me thinks!!.
D

21incher

Quote from: snowstorm on January 13, 2018, 08:18:17 PM
Quote from: 21incher on January 13, 2018, 12:00:21 PM

D
so dose every Pete. Kw or freightliner disintegrate?? They all have aluminum cabs and have had forever

The new liquid stuff is magnesium chloride and it causes deep corrosion in aluminum. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S221450951730030X here is a article about how it affects different metals. The old stuff they used forever was calcium chloride and aluminum can form an oxide layer to protect itself from that is what I understand just like aluminum boats do in salt water. Time will tell as more road crews spread the liquid for lower temp de icing. :)

Thank You Sponsors!