iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Brave Game Warden

Started by Mooseherder, October 05, 2012, 05:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

This Game warden cuts the chains from swing-set seats tangled up in the Antlers of a Moose. :o

http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=f9132a37d604

drobertson

Wow! what a vidio! amazing, don't know much about moose, but I think they can be very vilolent.  thanks for the feed. 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Jeff

I got that in an email the other day. Simply crazy. Ya gotta give it to that game warden for going beyond and above.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

LOGDOG

Great video. Listening to his breathing you could tell he was just exhausted and stressed. Beautiful animal. I've not been that close to a bull moose but I've been within 20 feet of one in the wild in Canada. Pretty impressive animals. Hope this guy makes it through the fall hunting season. Looks like he's got good potential to get even bigger. As long as he stays away from swing sets that is...

SwampDonkey

They are a lot more docile than most deer species. But a wild moose is still wild. He was a brave man. I have been up close to many moose, but I don't trust them enough to untangle a chain from their antlers. :D

Moose have been domesticated you know. ;) In Asia and northern Europe some are raised for making cheese. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Mooseherder

And wearing bridals while hauling the wood out. :D

SwampDonkey

Might try that some day, won't have to feed the beast. Pasture it in the woods. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

Good video!

Thanks for posting!

The part that made me most nervous was when the warden stood directly in front of the moose and reached over his head to cut some of the chain.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

I think that somehow that bull knew that he was being helped. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

trapper

I had a different reaction than calling him a brave warden.
Don't they have tranqulizer guns?  Would have been safer for both moose and warden.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Mooseherder

Maybe he didn't have a tranquilizer gun.
Or maybe they were afraid of hanging the Moose had they tranquilized.
I bet he wishes they had a larger pair of bolt cutters!
It sure seemed like above and beyond to me.  Why don't you think he deserved a pat on the back?

Shotgun

I think he used good judgment and deserves a pat on the back.    8)   He was careful and persistent.  He gets my vote for a job well done.

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

beenthere

Turned out great, but it looked like a "Here, hold my beer" moment.  ;D

Ended up he was a hero. And still in one piece.

I'm a bit surprised that that swing set wasn't already have strewn out through the woods. Just from panic, if nothing else. But obviously it didn't fight too much.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

The guy probably got a little complacent, being used to docile friendly creatures you can generally walk near or drive up to as they stare and blink at ya. ;)

trapper

I am not disputing he did good .  Just think it could have been done safer for both.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Thank You Sponsors!