iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Get a load of this...

Started by jpgreen, January 21, 2006, 02:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GF

JP,
  FYI www.surpluscenter.com has that same Kawasaki engine for $1299.00, the one that Tulsa Engine had listed was $1584.

jpgreen

GF,

I paid $1349 shipped from Tulsa on my deal, but that was the only one they had left at thath price,so that's why they agreed to take it back . They are a very good company, and service has been first class.

I wound up buying it through a friends company, and it's costing me even less that TEW now, so it's working out great.

I understand they are one heck of an engine.  Some of my best equipment has had and have Kawasaki engines.

VA- I would have checked WD, and did but their prices are pretty steep for the whole package, when I can do a swap myself, plus I wanted the Kawasaki, and I will be tailoring the shiv and rpms to match the toruqe curv specs on the Kawa for a little lower rpm for TimberWolf blades.

I can reconfigure it for WD blades with the old shiv if I want, so at least I have a choice.  smiley_beertoast
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

GF

Quote from: jpgreen on January 31, 2006, 11:38:15 AM

I understand they are one heck of an engine. smiley_beertoast

All my John Deere riding mowers and push mowers have the Kawasaki on them, I had several for 12 yrs and still running fine and using no oil.  My later John Deere rider has the 20HP in it, I sure like it also.

jpgreen

Hay GF-

Wow! that surplus website has some neat stuff.  I never heard of that place before..  smiley_beertoast

GF

They gots a little of everything, if they dont keep checking back the inventory continously changes.

Shawn

FRAGILE ( pronounced Fra-Gee-Lee ) - It's french for " kick it harder"

Surplus center is good, but try this place...  http://www.mcmaster.com/
Change is part of the design process.

Admit nothing, Deny everything, Make counter-accusations

beenthere

Quote from: Shawn on February 04, 2006, 03:11:32 PM.......Surplus center is good, but try this place...  http://www.mcmaster.com/
For an engine?  ???

I shop often in both McMaster-Carr and SurplusCenter. Have had great results from both. Parts at SurplusCenter have not appeared to be 'surplus' but 'new' (unless used is stated).  For example, flow control valves that retail/wholesale for $45 have been found to be new-in-box for $7.  Shipments very well packed as well. Good catalog available, as well as on-line catalog.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

jpgreen

My new (second  ::) ) Kawa is being shipped by truck NOT UPS!!!

And- they charge an additional $6 for hard foam sprayed inside the box making it very strong.

I'll take pics when it gets here.

Can't wait to get my LT40 going so I see what an actual band mill will do.. . :D

Troy

Probably $6 well spent for that foam spray.  Good luck with this one!
Peterson ATS 8" 27hp

Shawn

Beenthere, Sorry. I just found this site and haven't browsed completely through it. they do have a lot of parts that surplus center have. I guess we list it under the FYI thread.
Shawn...
Change is part of the design process.

Admit nothing, Deny everything, Make counter-accusations

jpgreen

Quote from: Troy on February 04, 2006, 05:55:08 PM
Probably $6 well spent for that foam spray.  Good luck with this one!

Whacha been up to Troy?

I can highjack my own thread..  :D.................. ;D

Dale Hatfield

I have a friend that worked for US AIR.
They lived on a farm and he was allways bringing home busted crates of wild critters.
Ferrets and bout anything else ya can think of. He allways said only thing them guys treat nice is firearms boxes.   So i guess the old samsonite commerical is true.

The Us mail isnt  any better i have recieved a package a week later mailed on the same day as the other.  It was a book  that looked like their wasnt go be anything left inside, but actually was fine.   

Dale
Game Of Logging trainer,  College instructor of logging/Tree Care
Chainsaw Carver

jpgreen

-WARNING- about UPS...

Til this day I have not been paid on 2- claims I filed with them.

TEW warehouse told me UPS has never paid on a claim. They have never been able to collect not once.

UPS simply does not pay, so buying insurance with them is a waste of money...  ::)

Dakota

As a FedEx driver, I'd like to suggest that when someone recieves a shipment that they suspect might be damaged, open the container while the driver is still there.  Inspect the contents and if you're sure there is no damage, then sign for the shipment.  If you suspect there is any damage, simply refuse the shipment and send it back with the driver.  No one can force you to accept shipment that you think is damaged.
Dakota
Dave Rinker

jpgreen

I would bet FedEx would payup on a claim too.  I never had a problem with FedEx.

Kirk_Allen

Over 15 years of shipping UPS I have had two claims.  Both were paid within two weeks of the claim. 

etat

Fed EX will pay too.  Especially if they 'claim' that they lost  something like a priceless Christmas CD that in all likelihood  all of their drivers have been passing around and listening to and taking on tour all across the country!!!!   :)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

jpgreen

Hay-

I can't say enough good things about Tulsa Engine Warehouse.com, they gave me a quick full refund on the damaged engine, right after a UPS call tag picked it up. Good folks to deal with, and I will buy from them again.

Ask for Doc. He's a great sales person...  :)

jpgreen

Second Kawasaki shipment fared much better.  Foam surrounded the engine.  I still think they need a heavier box though, but this one looks good..  8)

Definitely NOT UPS!!!!!!

Thank You Sponsors!