I'm baaack!

Started by HSV, June 16, 2011, 10:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HSV

Thought I was gone for good? Never! I couldn't stay away from the BEST forestry discussion forum on the planet for too long  ;D

For those that remember me, yep, I still have my store, renting DVDs to those lucky enough to be able to sit still for two hours. But I've come back to the Peterson clan to help out in the marketing department.

We're in the process of changing our website to a more manageable system so I'll let you know when that is ready to go. The old site is still up though so check it out because there's heaps of information on there for you.

If you haven't already, sign up to our E-newsletter which I'm taking over. I'll be sending one out in the next couple of weeks and it'll be a goodie. Want to feature in our next newsletter? Send me a photo and paragraph of what you've been up to lately with your Peterson sawmill  :)

Well, I'm going to go have a browse through the forum posts and check out the latest advancements in the world of portable milling, if you have any questions about the Peterson range, I'd be happy to answer them for you.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

pepage

Maybe you could tell us what is up with the skillmill and when we might expect to see it again.  Phil

HSV

Hi pepage,

I am so sorry I haven't seen your reply to my post until today! I need to change my notification settings, my apologies.

Boy did I love working with the Skillmill...

The thing is, the Skillmill was an entry level unit, and so we needed to manufacture it in large-batches to keep the cost low enough.

But when the recession hit (and it hit hard in New Zealand too), it just wasn't practical from a manufacturing point of view, so it was taken off the market until brighter days.

When the recession rights itself in a few of our key markets, we will be reviewing manufacturing costs and hopefully be able to release the Skillmill MKII.  :)

zopi

When ya do, Would like to see it availabe in a gas or small diesel power...might one day add the to the stable to recover urban timber from backyards...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

HSV

Cool thanks Zopi, I'll pass that on to Chris and Kerris  :)

Wife

Pssst....shhhh...the Skillmill6 is current in R&D stage...I didn't just say that.

Kerris
Kerris, in the background....
Petersons Global Sales Ltd
15c Hyland Cres
Rotorua, New Zealand
www.petersonsawmills.com
kbrowne@petersonsawmills.com
Ph +64 7 3480863