iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Guy

Started by uplander, January 23, 2008, 11:35:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uplander

Hello all, I am new here. I am an orange owner of about three years.
Cedar Man and I are sorta friends and I live in Bloomington Indiana.
I look forward to participating in the forums.

Cheers, Uplander
Woodmizer lt40G28.  A kubota L4600 with loader and forks.
Various Stihl saws and not enough time to use them!
Finished my house finally. Completely sawn out on by band mill. It took me 7 years but was worth it. Hardest thing I have ever done.

Jeff

UH-oh!  A friend of Richards? I dunno.... hmmmm.... ;) :)

Welcome to the Forestry Forum Uplander.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Coon

Welcome to the forum.  In no time these people here will be like family to you.  Just remember we love pics.

Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

JV

Welcome, Uplander.  Pull up a stump a sit awhile.  Lots of good people and information on here.  Glad to see another Hoosier.  Tell us about your operation, pics are great.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

SwampDonkey

Welcome aboard uplander.

You sawing what I call upland white cedar? That's where our bigger cedar grow in my neck of the woods. In the gullies and lower slopes of hardwood ridges.  I was just ribbing, since your neighbor is into red cedar. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

uplander

No Swampdonkey, I call myself Uplander because I live work and saw
on the crawford upland region of Indiana. It is also where the majority
of caves that I have explored are located at in Indiana.
Yep, thats right. I am one of those cavers!

Finished my house finally. Completely sawn out on by band mill. It took me 7 years but was worth it. Hardest thing I have ever done.

Jeff

So, ya met cedarman in a hole eh? :D  :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

uplander

Oh Jeff! That was mean! Wait till Richard sees this thread.

Seriously though, I have been luking here for close to four years or so
and this forum and its members have been a great resource for me.
I have lerned so much from all of you that participate and would like
to thank you all.

Uplander

okmulch

Welcome Uplander,

I am richard's son who operates the oklahoma division. I guess it is too late to warn you about him.

Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

SwampDonkey

I'm a Crawford by the way. Hmm Crawford upland. Hope they aren't too elevated, could go to their heads.  ;)  ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sgtmaconga

welcome to the fourm
Measure twice cut once

sprucebunny

Welcome to the Forum, Uplander and okmulch .
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

DanG

Quote from: Jeff on January 23, 2008, 02:33:56 PM
So, ya met cedarman in a hole eh? :D  :D

Crawlin' out from under a rock maybe. ::) ;D

Welcome Uplander.  If you've been lookin' in for that long, you're fair game for fun pokin'.

Welcome to you too, Okmulch.  I'm glad you finally decided to join in. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

OneWithWood

Hello Uplander.
I live in Unionville, have a sawmill and a few other toys.  I used to haunt the caves back in the '70s when the caves were still fairly pristine.  Don't think I would fit in some of them now :D
Send me a PM and tell me a bit about yourself.  Being so close together we should not be strangers  :)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

flip

Are you in Crawford county?  If'n so, where at?
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

uplander

Okmulch; We met at the nss convention last summer. Not sure if you remember,
you were pretty busy.

Jv; I am working on the pic thing and will try to get some up of my projects soon.

Onewithwood; I have thought about trying to meet with you. I get over to Unionville every once in awhile.

Flip; I live in monroe county. The Crawford upland extends from the ohio river all the way up to morgan county. Its a geology thing. I work at our states geological survey.

Thank you all for the warm welcome.
     Uplander

OneWithWood

My main gig is in Bloomington so I am there during the week.  Is your mill in Bloomington or just outside of it, or somewhere else in the county?
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

okmulch

Uplander

you met my younger brother Ian at the NSS convention. I haven't lived in Indiana since graduating college in 98. then went and built a cedar saw mill in Alabama and now have been living in Oklahoma for a little over three years grinding cedar trees.

maybe we will meet someday. 
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

Cedarman

OWW, there are still pristine caves. It is just that you and I can't fit through those smallish holes anymore.  Our group just found about 150 of virgin cave just south of Corydon wednesday evening.  You had to crawl in water for about 20 ' through an 8" high passage to get to walking cave.  It ended with a big rock blocking  a 4' high passage.  Need a little quick acting chemistry to get through.  (I was busy Wed eve and didn't have time to make the trip).  Just heard the trip report.

Welcome uplander.  These sawdust types are just as much fun as cavers.  They may talk food a little more though.  How is your mill doing on this frozen wood?  I hate frozen cedar.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

SwampDonkey

More bat habitat. Must be nice crawling on all fours in bat droppings.  ::) ;D

DoubleD

Hi guys Welcome to the Forum 8)

Ciao ;D
Wannabe a sawmiller

faronskid

Welcome from another Hoosier!
5 rugrats = no dull moments here

Thank You Sponsors!