iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Question for LM2000 owners

Started by Nomad, January 11, 2009, 08:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

How far above the top of your tracks do your bunks sit?  I'm a bit fussy about tolerances; part of my machinist background, I suppose.  I've got the bed rails and tracks leveled within .010", front to back and side to side.  But the bunks are a different story.  I was shooting for 2.250 inches above the top of the tracks.  Most of them I got to that number, within reason.  But two of them, on one end, won't even come close.  The only way to get that dimension is gonna be to take stuff apart and spend some time with a rat-tail file.  And that's okay if that's what I need to do; I want it right.

Should I be looking at a larger dimension?  Say, 2 3/8"?  What have y'all got there, if you don't mind checking?

Gonna be a couple of days before I can get back to check this; as I said in my last post I'm gonna be out of town.  Takes a day or so to get 'Net access  sorted out, usually.

Bill
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

york

Hi,

PM moosehunter  he has this mill-or call the people ya got mill from...

Bert
Albert

ely

i am not certain either, that is a good question. i will know more later on because i am going to add a section of trak to my mill and will have to relevel everything when i finnish that.

Thank You Sponsors!