iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My New Show Room

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, May 25, 2018, 08:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

He has fenced da Goat out !!   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Nomad

I'm with FishPharmer on this one.  Poston is being modest (believe it or not!)  He's doing a great job on that conversion.  Top quality workmanship, too.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Magicman

We also have had the pleasure of viewing his operation.  There is always much kidding here on the FF but the fact is, he has a top notch setup, but don't tell him that I said so.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on May 26, 2018, 10:58:25 AM
David,

You did not mention how you were going to display the mantels. 
Don't put the cart before the horse. ( old saying ).
I'm just now trying to get the front done.  :D
But I will show you later.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

YellowHammer

That does look real nice.  Good job.
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Everyone of you know this.....it is so hard to get something done for your self if you have a sawmill.
This is a holiday weekend and the folks was coming in pretty steady off and on to pick up lumber or order Pine siding.

I did manage to get a little something done on my showroom but not much.

I thought about my gable vent all morning. On the inside will be screen to keep birds from building in the place.
On the outside, I built a 1 piece vent out of Cedar and to spruce it up a little and I did a Cedar weave. It really stands out......zoom in for better look.
Got the right side trimmed out in Cedar too.

And last I put....what I call wind brackets so when my doors are opened or closed a burst of high wind won't blow the bottom of the doors away from the building. Could save some repairs.

Now....waiting on Monday. Y'all have a good holiday!  :)

John S

Beautiful Job!  It must be nice to live in a state where you are free to do things on your own property.  
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

WDH

Once you get it all closed in, put in a couple of large room dehumidifiers to help keep your inventory dry. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: John S on May 26, 2018, 08:06:53 PM
Beautiful Job!  It must be nice to live in a state where you are free to do things on your own property.  
My residence is in a subdivision.....can't do things there.
But across the road is our farm. As long as we are classified as a farm we can build about anything. ( barns and sheds ).
If we need power....then we need a permit and inspection.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on May 26, 2018, 08:09:19 PM
Once you get it all closed in, put in a couple of large room dehumidifiers to help keep your inventory dry.
Danny I really never thought of that. Thats why I like you....My ace in the Hole.
I will do it!  :)

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on May 26, 2018, 07:16:31 PM
Quote from: WV Sawmiller on May 26, 2018, 10:58:25 AM
David,

You did not mention how you were going to display the mantels.
Don't put the cart before the horse. ( old saying ).
I'm just now trying to get the front done.  :D
But I will show you later.  ;D
David,

You just ain't being no fun at all >:( >:(

Don't you remember the old prayer "Lord give me patience. Give it to me now." 
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Crossroads

Wow, you really made that tin box look sharp! The cedar weave is a nice touch. Well done sir 
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

Joey Grimes

Very nice I like the weaving on the ridge vent.
94 woodmizer lt40 HD kabota 5200 ford 4000 94 international 4700 flatbed and lots of woodworking tools.

thecfarm

Like the weave.
Like the wide boards too. 8) 
WM here in Chesterville,ME has a couple buildings done with,I think, 2 foot wide boards. Looks good and goes up quick.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bruno of NH

This weave you all speak of is this the goats hair?
It looks like he has a lot of it  :D
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Larry

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Percy

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on May 25, 2018, 08:16:36 PM
I needed a cleaner place for displaying Mantels, finished slabs, unique pieces of wood, birdhouses, benches, tables, etc.

So I took my carport which was just a catch all for stickers, junk, my trailer and anything else and me and Kirk cleaned it out.

The size is 20 x 20 floor.

Right down the middle I have Pine boards that are 2 x 22 inches wide. So far thats the first thing that makes people drool.  :D

This will be our new show room.
We are no where near being finished but I will post updates along the way.

I'm trying to heal my shins from walking between the 2 x 10's putting the floor down. (see pic).

I'm letting the siding air dry before adding baton. Yes the floor will have cracks after drying but thats the country way.

Hope you like it. each pic is sorta self explanatory but I'll answer anything.
Its nice to own a Sawmill.  :)

I will be starting on the sides soon. Putting in lots of hours trying to keep up with sawing and building but Kirk puts in hours of work on his days off from the State. Couldn't do it with out him.
My plans are to build a fake fireplace in side to display Mantels for customers.
More to come.  :)
That is awesome. Love the cedar sliding doors...and your attention to detail is "goatworthy"(new word I think). The way the knot pattern is parellel to the roof line on the siding on both sides of the door is really cool. Might take a while for your customers to get inside the showroom  smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

barbender

"Goatworthy"😂😂😂
Too many irons in the fire

Southside

Any thought to charging an admission fee?  Tell them it's worth a SGU to step inside if they like what they see on the outside.   ;D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

WDH

He is the spike knot King.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

It is really hard trying to work on this project with all the rain we are having.
The amount of rain we have had in the last week is unheard of and more is coming.

But I got a few hours in today and was soaked to the bone when I went home.

I got the front Cedar trim completed. Those round corners drove me crazy.

But thank goodness I turned the corner and have started down the side. The windows I'm installing are freebies from a contractor friends pile of used windows.

The cedar trim is really RED from the rain. When it dries I will oil it real good.  ;D

More rain coming tomorrow.  :o

Southside

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on May 29, 2018, 08:30:40 PMThose round corners drove me crazy

Must have been a short trip...:D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Almost forgot.....this guy came pretty low over the mill today on his way home from the NASCAR Race in Charlotte, N.C.

Hilltop366

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on May 29, 2018, 08:30:40 PMThe amount of rain we have had in the last week is unheard of.

Naw, that was a few years ago in the fall, I remember cuz I was at Myrtle Beach for a week and it rained all week, when we went across the street to the beach the water was half way to my knees in the street.

The first time we saw the sun all week is when the airplane went above the clouds the day we left. ;D

Skipper11A

Poston, I really like your woven vents, that's thinking outside of the box!  But, sadly, I'm concerned that your siding might fall off due to a lack of nails. 

For those without a sense of humor, this is called a "joke".  If I may, a "goat joke".

Thank You Sponsors!