iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

home remedy

Started by sd locke, December 22, 2009, 07:53:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phorester

One winter day I was out with a landowner who didn't recgonize poison ivy vines.  They are very furry in appearance.  He began stroking one like he was rubbing a cat.  He said, what's this. I said, poison ivy.  He jumped like he'd been shot, then began stroking it again saying, oh well, I'm deathly allerigic to poison ivy, thank goodness you can't get it in winter.  I said, yes you can, just by touching the vine like you're doing.  He jumped back again.

I don't know if he ever got a rash from that episode, but I didn't shake hands with him when I left either

bandmiller2

We have poison ivy boath ways as an understory low plant and also as a vine that will climb trees or fences.I've never seen a poison oak or sumac.When young I got it bad now I'd have to really abuse it to to get the itch.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Trax

When we bought the house we're living in now there was an out building 100 feet behind the house that was cover in vines. We moved in in Jan. and you couldn't even open the doors it was so covered. Most of them were wild grapes(still had some dried up ones on the vine) What I didn't realized was at least 1/2 of them were poison ivy. I had only seen it as low ground bush(which is still a vine if you pull it up you'll find that out) . Any way I got back to it in the spring and was ripping off the vines and my son comes back to tell me he has a school project(2nd grade) to make a May Basket, I set him up with a piece of wood that we drilled holes around the diameter. We tapped some kabob skewers into the holes with a little Elmer's and he started weaving a basket out of the vines. When I got home Monday from work he couldn't wait to tell me how much everyone loved his basket since the majority of the baskets were made of construction paper his really stood out. Matter of fact the principal of the school liked his so much my son gave it to him. Two days later I broke out in the rash from head to toe. I figured out what it was and my wife called the school....... a little to late the principle had it also, but my son never got it. 

Thank You Sponsors!