iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Onion Dip

Started by Mooseherder, May 10, 2010, 05:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

The ingredients are inexpensive and the flavor is incredible. :)
1/3 of a Vadalia or sweet onion finely chopped and sauted in butter for about 10 minutes or until translucent.
Take 4 Beef buillion cubes, put in a ziploc bag and proceed into the garage to mash cubes with hammer. :D  Don't hit too hard or to soft cause you want to pulvarize without losing the contents if you rip the baggie.
Once you got it just right pour the Buillion powder over the translucent Onions.
It'll look like this.

Remove from heat and allow to cool.
When cooled mix with 16 oz. container of your favorite sour cream.
Add 6-8 dashes of Worcestershire sauce.
You can also add some crushed French Fried Onions.

I put a few in a baggie and pounded them for some extra Onion kick and a little goes along way.  I made this on a Saturday night for a Sunday event and it got rave reviews.

If you're watching the salt, scale back on da Buillion cubes or use the reduced salt ones dare.

zopi

instead of bullion use beef base paste...or try some other bases..it's pretty good with ham base too...for a twist, try using half sour cream and half cream cheese...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

jjmk98k

sounds and looks yummy.... Ill get fatter coming here for recipes!
Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

Burlkraft

What...No Red Fish in there?  :D  :D  :D  :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Mooseherder

I could always try mashing some to go in there. ;D

SwampDonkey

:D I just did a forum search for "sour cream". Because I wanted to ask if it was sinful to take a box of Roasted Red Pepper Vinta brand crackers to a 16 oz tub of farmer's style sour cream. :D

Well, ok I restricted my taste buds to only 6 crackers. mmmm ;D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Mooseherder

Hey!  I gotta make that again! :D

(I bet metalspinner's Mr. Nail would hate the use of the non word "gotta" :D ;D)

Thank You Sponsors!