iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

first logs

Started by SCSawyer, June 27, 2016, 10:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCSawyer

Got my first logs on the skid poles ready when I get a few spare minutes, from a few pines I needed to cut off of the fence line, 8's,12's and 16's . I hope to saw enough 2x's to frame out a small hay shed that I need real bad,guessing 12-1400 bf, then i got several big nice ones to saw into a mill shed.
Silas S. Roberts , Bluff Mtn. Timber

SCSawyer

scully

Looks like you preped very well ! I hope you get what you need !
I bleed orange  .

fishfighter

We need more pictures of your mill set up. ;D Looks good.

dboyt

Looks like a nice setup.  What are you using for power?
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

SCSawyer

Magicman

I was reading in another thread that the blade needs to be in the shade to prevent the sun from heating it up. LINK

EDIT:  Well I needed to read a bit closer.    :P  Yup, my face is red.    :-[
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

SCS,

Congrats. I trust all will go well. Warning - once you make that first cut you will be hooked. Sawdust has been found to be only slightly less addictive than cocaine.

Leave plenty of room for expansion as you will soon fine that shed is not big enough - they never are. Be careful.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

SCSawyer

Oh lord too late for that warning  , been at it 20 yrs

SCSawyer

Well forgot to take pictures but I did make it home in time to saw 3 logs today, man am I slow, I don't know if its getting older or the fact I didn't have an off bearer !!!

Thank You Sponsors!