iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

B-20 sawdust chute

Started by ND rancher, February 25, 2013, 08:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ND rancher

Has anybody modified a B-20 chute? I'm having trouble with the fuzz on cottonwood plugging the blade stop bars.I don't know what it is called but it lies between bark and wood. Thinking of angling the hole to include part of the bottom of the shield.Do I dare go wider on blade stops as that is where the problem is at? It might be a few days before I can answer back, I'm having a break in calving this am , so I'm getting to catch up on the Fourm.  Thanks!    Keith
TimberKing B-20.  Have been bitten by the bug! Loving life !

ladylake

I made mine bigger and longer. I kept the blade guards the same distance aparts for safety.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

redbeard

If your talking about the 3 threaded bars in the chute for keeping your hand safe, I removed them and my hand won't fit in the shoot anyway. It use to clog a lot.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

ND rancher

Here is what I'm thinking of doing. White outline is proposed new hole,pipe is proposed new chute, not done trimming it yet. If you you look close you can see the problem fuzz.Will use bolts as stops so they can be removed. Maybe rectangular?

TimberKing B-20.  Have been bitten by the bug! Loving life !

ladylake

Quote from: redbeard on February 26, 2013, 06:58:12 AM
If your talking about the 3 threaded bars in the chute for keeping your hand safe, I removed them and my hand won't fit in the shoot anyway. It use to clog a lot.

Those bars keep a broken blade from coming out.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Thank You Sponsors!