iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stumpage Price Publications

Started by VT_Forestry, January 27, 2010, 08:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VT_Forestry

Just wondering what you guys in the Southeast use for a stumpage summary.  At work we are using Timber Mart-South, which comes out every quarter.  Is there something that is considered to be better/more accurate/cheaper?  I think it costs around $200/yr for the subscription.  Any and all suggestions welcome!   
Forester - Newport News Waterworks

timberfaller390

L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

WDH

Forest2market.com, along with Timber-Mart South,  is very good.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

jdtuttle

DEC (department of environmental conservation) does one in NY
jim
Have a great day

dutchman

Pennsylvania puts out a report at:
http://www.sfr.psu.edu/TMR/TMR.htm
Kept up to date by Penn State.

Wudman

Timber Mart South is pretty good for general market dynamics and following trends.  Forest2Market is good in areas where they have an adequate number of reporters.  F2M is useless in Virginia due to a lack of reporters.  Random Lengths is one of the reporters on lumber prices.  It is pretty good for following trends. 

Wudman
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

timberjack240

i think we get the pennsylvania marketing bulletin.. not rele south east but i know its cheaper than 200

Ed_K

I use the southern new england stumpage report from UMass. but they not good at updates. Also I check prices in the Saw Log Bullitin and then decide what it cost to cut an skid,then deduct cost.
Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!