iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

husqvarna 562xp

Started by NovaSS, November 11, 2013, 11:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliver1655

Willard what's the blue on the side of your saw?
John

Stihl S-08s (x2), Stihl S10 (x2), Jonsered CS2139T, Husqvarna 338XPT California, Poulan Microvibe XXV, Poulan WoodShark, Poulan Pro 42cc, McCulloch Mini-Mac 6 (x2), Van Ruder Hydraulic Tractor Chainsaw

HolmenTree

Quote from: Oliver1655 on November 15, 2013, 12:17:23 PM
Oliver that's part of the winter kit Husky supplies with the saw for cold climates, free option. Stihl has them too. The blue cover cuts down on cold air and snow cooling down the saw which can cause icing up problems.  There is also a plate that redirects the air injection flow also. A must to have working in freezing temps, the pic of my 372XP here was on a minus 30 below F day with no wind.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

SawTroll

Quote from: HolmenTree on November 15, 2013, 01:03:21 PM
Quote from: Oliver1655 on November 15, 2013, 12:17:23 PM
Oliver that's part of the winter kit Husky supplies with the saw for cold climates, free option. Stihl has them too. The blue cover cuts down on cold air and snow cooling down the saw which can cause icing up problems.  There is also a plate that redirects the air injection flow also. A must to have working in freezing temps, the pic of my 372XP here was on a minus 30 below F day with no wind.

Those blue kits came with all my heated Husky saws, but I never used a single one of them. I simply don't care to cut when it is that cold!  :)

My usual limit is around -15C.
Information collector.

NovaSS

I got to say after using homeowner saws and small stihls. This saw has alot more power then I thought it would. I flooded it trying to hot figure out hot starting and this video helped alot. It shows hot start and how to start after flooding if your new to this saw like me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUChc8SvWjg

Olli

The saw is a pain , my story i have Hukies as wen the 154 came out  long time ago many cords of wood .first 562 purchase march 2013 run one tank wound start after , so i work white my 354 .had here in the shop 4 times and after 12 month and last chance just re fill the running saw she Brock only 96 hour so big debate the give me a new one . here i go again 15 hour s and she sucks air on the main sail but the shop are not listening 1 hour she runs and than she is warm the sealing opens .my partner has also the second one first brock by 32 hour s now he use a Jonsered .his new 3 month old 562 i gave to me white the words drive here to hell ......pain saw i can say for pro loggers a no go till the fix the problem     

celliott

Olli, if you really don't like it, I'd take it off your hands. I'd pay to ship it  ;D
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

Olli

Second round new carp and coil and 10 hour s later same again ....

SawTroll

Quote from: Olli on June 28, 2014, 03:45:23 PM
Second round new carp and coil and 10 hour s later same again ....

Makes me think the carb and coil may not have been the problem.....
Information collector.

Southside

My 565Xp eats my Stihl 660 and uses a lot less fuel in doing so. I have actually been looking for another one and will sell the Stihl.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

SawTroll

Quote from: Southside logger on June 28, 2014, 09:03:38 PM
My 565Xp eats my Stihl 660 and uses a lot less fuel in doing so. I have actually been looking for another one and will sell the Stihl.

That will of course vary with what you cut, and the cutting attachment on each saw.

I assume you meant to write 562xp.
Information collector.

JohnG28

Looks like a 575 from the signature. A higher revving saw will surely clean up in smaller stuff, but lay into a 36" log...
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Southside

John,

You are right - fat finger syndrome while typing on the phone.  I have a 36" bar for the Stihl and have not had it on the saw for probably a year - just too much to hold out there for long.  I run a 24" on both the Husky and the Stihl and yes the Husky revs up higher and cuts faster, at the same time it is a lot easier on fuel.  Just my personal preference. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Andyshine77

Quote from: Southside logger on July 01, 2014, 11:40:25 PM
John,

You are right - fat finger syndrome while typing on the phone.  I have a 36" bar for the Stihl and have not had it on the saw for probably a year - just too much to hold out there for long.  I run a 24" on both the Husky and the Stihl and yes the Husky revs up higher and cuts faster, at the same time it is a lot easier on fuel.  Just my personal preference.

Think of a 660 as a tractor trailer, and the 562 as a Porsche. The Porsche well be fast, handle and stop. Now hookup a 20,000 pound trailer to it and see what happens. This is basic common sense really.
Andre.

JohnG28

I agree completely with both of you. My uncle has a 660, it's been on my bench because he says it cuts like crap and his Husky 365 cuts circles around it. 20" on the 365 and 24" on the 660. Now he doesn't like to file a chain and runs them till they won't cut butter, so I take this into account. But he never gets into anything big, and on the occasion he does he thinks it should rip through a 30" stump like a higher revving saw in a 18" log.  ::) I add that my 460 will probably out cut it for anything I'll ever cut too, it feels faster side my side in small logs. Just got in a DP cover for the 660,  going to throw it on, pulled limiters already,  tune it and see what he thinks. If he doesn't like it may be ill pick it up cheap since he's a Husky guy anyway.  ;)
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

JohnG28

Thinking a little more, I did a half dozen Oaks on a job with him last year. Couple down and took out 4 more around 80-90 ft each. He was complaining about the 660 not doing anything on the larger stumps and larger logs. In brought my 361 and 460. Well even the 460 was slow going through some of these, probably 28-30", more on couple stumps. So I pull his 660 and look it over, chain was bad, bad , bad. After he asked why I was sitting on the back of the truck for a while I bring over the 660 with a now sharp chain and preceded to rip through those logs. That day the 660 shined alongside the 361, which did it's share of the smaller logs.  :)

chester_tree _farmah

Most folks don't need as big a saw as they think. If it is a pro saw,  chain and bar are well matched and the operator is skilled there isn't much u can't cut in a timely fashion with what may perceived as a small saw. Of course the Giants in the north west do warrant a biggin.
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

HolmenTree

Quote from: chester_tree _farmah on July 03, 2014, 10:01:41 AM
Of course the Giants in the north west do warrant a biggin.
Chester, not necessarily :D
Way back in the early 1970's a wee little Echo 30cc slayed goliath

HolmenTree

Here's the last page

chester_tree _farmah

Boo yeah! :-)

Awesome post. I love seeing that old stuff. Thanks for sharing sir!
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Oliver1655

Again Willard, very interesting information!  Keep it coming.
John

Stihl S-08s (x2), Stihl S10 (x2), Jonsered CS2139T, Husqvarna 338XPT California, Poulan Microvibe XXV, Poulan WoodShark, Poulan Pro 42cc, McCulloch Mini-Mac 6 (x2), Van Ruder Hydraulic Tractor Chainsaw

Thank You Sponsors!