iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Good news and bad news

Started by arnold113, November 27, 2013, 02:18:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arnold113

The good news is I sawed my first ever log today. The bad news is it wasn't on my mill (still working on it).
I went down to visit with Pineywoods again today and had a great time even if it was cold and raining. We went over to visit LeroyC at his sawmill and he turned me loose on a cypress log on his lt 40. I had a ball turning it into 1 x 10s. Now I hate the thought of having to wait until I can get my mill finished. It'll still be a while yet. Oh well!!!  Thanks Pineywoods and LeroyC.
DIY band saw mill: four post, 25 HP gas engine, 32" x 18' portable, 24 vdc and hydraulic controls, pineywoods log turner, hyd log loader. RF remote controls for mill.  DIY set works.

m wood

Arnold113...Now you definately got the bug and the pharmacy is out of you prescription!? :D.  OH NO
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

Magicman

You are bumping elbows with two fine Gentlemen and Congrats on the log. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Well you got a taste of it, now there's no backing up.

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

justallan1

Just think of the extra drive that will give you to get yours finished. I call that good and good.

Allan

dboyt

You're learning from the best!  Soon we'll be learning from you.  Keep us posted (with photos).
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

thecfarm

Sawing is great. Just keep it that way.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

drobertson

Sounds like a blast!  It would sure be nice to visit with some of the veterans,  it sounds like in short order you will be the one hosting folks,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

GAB

Mr. White said: "Well you got a taste of it, now there's no backing up."
I think that statement is akin to parenthood once you go there there is no going back.
Sawdust can be extremely contagious.  Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

pineywoods

Quote from: arnold113 on November 27, 2013, 02:18:15 AM
The good news is I sawed my first ever log today. The bad news is it wasn't on my mill (still working on it).
I went down to visit with Pineywoods again today and had a great time even if it was cold and raining. We went over to visit LeroyC at his sawmill and he turned me loose on a cypress log on his lt 40. I had a ball turning it into 1 x 10s. Now I hate the thought of having to wait until I can get my mill finished. It'll still be a while yet. Oh well!!!  Thanks Pineywoods and LeroyC.

Thoroughly enjoyed the visit. Arnold's first hands-on involved edging flitches on the mill. Now he knows why there piles waiting to be edged at my mill and LeroyC's  ;D . Next was a nice 14 inch cypress, which he made into 1X10's, that included working the turner and 2 plane clamp, and a brief look at setworks. I'd be willing to bet money, his home brew mill will have a turner and clamp of some kind... and probably setworks to boot. He left with grin a mile wide, saying "I gotta come back and bring my wife !" I think he's hooked  8)
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

customsawyer

You have to keep a eye on Pineywoods. You never know what kind of bait he will use to catch someone. :D
Congrats on your first log.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!