iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What are you working on?

Started by Dave Shepard, September 08, 2015, 06:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rasman57

That is very nice.  Great work!   

Dave Shepard

I'm finishing the 12x16 Sobon Shed and giving it to my mother for her Kubota RTV and her new lawn mower. I'm going to raise it at a local fall festival next month as a demonstration.

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Dave Shepard

I'm just about finished with the cherry sills for the shed. Going to try to get them set tomorrow. I made these 2" thick, but next time I am definitely going to go 3". Cutting through mortises near the ends really weakens the sill. I drilled pilot holes and ran 8" headloks in the ends.

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

flyingparks

Raised two bents. It snowed towards the end of the day. Felt good going vertical. I am using a telehandler for raising and am surprised how well its working giving the lack of swing.

flyingparks

Dave, This joint confuses me.

[/quote]

Dave Shepard

The top piece is a long sill with a stub mortise. The notch is a cog to locate the end sill. The two lower pieces make up another long sill. There is an elaborate, and unnecessary, scarf joint around the bent II post stub tenon.

Half the scarf. You can see blue lumber crayon where the stub tenon goes.

flyingparks

Dave Shepard

First loose fit up on the slab. There will be an 8" Headlok on either side of the scarf.

Dave Shepard

Sills are on, bents are up.

Dave Shepard

Hewing rafters for a barn repair.

logman

Finally put up this 36x96 douglas fir event barn.

LT40HD, 12' ext, 5105 JD tractor, Genie GTH5519 telehandler
M&K Timber Works

rjwoelk

That is a nice event barn. Looking for more pics
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

logman

It's probably just me but I find it an ordeal to post pictures on here.
M&K Timber Works

flyingparks

Thats a fine looking structure. Maybe it's just us...

logman

Thanks, I only meant that I find it hard to post pictures.  I usually end up putting the same picture in my gallery a few times before I get it on my post.
M&K Timber Works

thecfarm

I myself find it's much easier to post pictures on here than build an event barn.  ;)   :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dan Miller

A little project I've been working on. It is the woodshed from the small buildings TFG book, designed by Will Beemer. Simple looking building, bit of a PITA to build, particularly solo. Plus, my framing skills got a bit rusty since finishing my shop, so don't look too closely.

Will finish the rafters once I sort out why the shop heater is working properly.

flyingparks

Bent C is now up...the tallest one. I clocked 150MPH winds last week. My big ponderosas were swaying like crazy but the frame wasn't moving a hair.  8)

woodworker9

Great work, guys. 

Logman, that event barn is fabulous!
03' LT40HD25 Kohler hydraulic w/ accuset
MS 441, MS 290, New Holland L185

Andries

Well, it was a first for me the other day.
Ran into my first metric log.

Western Red Cedar.
A few inches over 30' long.
Logged in Western Canada, eh?
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Andries

It took ten slices to get the butt flare reduced to a dimension that would allow me to halve the log from one end to another.
The cut was started a wee bit (metric increment) above the pith, 'cause Magicman has always said the I shouldn't split the pith.  :D  :D
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Andries

Cut exit at small end of log, almost the same wee increment above the log pith.
PDC = Pretty DanG Close.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Andries

One half log - needs to be dusted off, but ready for the deck project.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Andries

The deck work in progress - being edge matched on three log 'joists'.
After this is complete, we will start on a 60' deck.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

MB

Thank You Sponsors!