iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logging death

Started by WV_hillbilly, October 01, 2003, 09:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV_hillbilly

About 15 miles from my house a few weeks ago a dozer operator skidding logs was killed in a   roll over accident. Apparently he had dropped off a hitch of logs and was returning for another hitch when things went wrong.They don't know all that happened but some how the operator was going back to get some more logs and the dozer slid over a steep hill and rolled about 200 feet to the bottm of the hollow.  they said he rode it all the way to the bottom before being ejected and getting pinned under the canopy with the dozer upside down. If he had wore his seatbelt he probably would have made it. From what I hear this guy was a very experienced operator .

It makes me think about when I want to take a short cut while doing something it's not worth it.
Hillbilly

rebocardo

On a 200 foot downhill roll, with only a lap belt, it would be possible for you to come out of it by sliding out or sliding underneath it. It is why most racing and 4x4 events/bodies require a submarine belt and two shoulder belts, to keep you in the seat and rollcage if you roll the vehicle.

Thank You Sponsors!