iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Our First Grandchild is a "Grand-Daughter!"

Started by Chris Burchfield, August 15, 2006, 06:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Burchfield

And I thought I had such strong male genes :D :D :D. So much for my male dominant genes, I guess the jokes on me. I had two boys 23 & 27 years ago. It was the 23 year old that produced a most beautiful 6lb.3oz. 19 inch perfect granddaughter, through his beautiful wife of course 8) 8). Born 8/14/06 7:08p.m. There were 23 people in the waiting room for the arrival of Madison Amanda Burchfield. First female born to either side of my family in 40 years. I just had them old stinkin boys a few years ago. Looks like the photo program is out for a while. I'll get her in there soon as possible. No dought, children are a blessing upon you from God. Grand-Daughters just mean you've been double blessed by God. Mom is adopted and has no idea or contact with her biological parents. This is truly the only blood realative she has to love and hold, for now. Best wishes to all my other family here, Chris.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

getoverit

congrats on the new addition to the family Chris!

now where is them doughnuts? :D
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

asy

Congrats Chris!

I love babies. Preferably someone else's :D

I've been knitting lots of baby things lately, my friend is having a little girl in a couple of months, it's reminding me how tiny they are!

Don't forget to show photos when the gallery is repaired!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Ed_K

Congratulations Chris & family. Enjoy her now, as they grow oh so fast  ;).
Ed K

PawNature

Congrats, Nothing likeem i got me 2 boys 19mo and 3mo
GOVERMENT HAS WAY TO MUCH CONTROL OVER OUR LIVES!!!!

lmbeachy

You will find out that if you had it to do over, you would have the grandchildren first. Congratulations!!
hotfoot

CHARLIE

Congratulations Chris! 8)  You are going to find out that grandchildren are a lot of fun......and you can spoil them rotten if you want to. ;D  That is a grandparents priviledge.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

UNCLEBUCK

UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

iain

Mmm first girls in 40 years shes going to be a novelty, with no shortage of baby sitters

congratulations to you and your family (espec to your faulty genes) :D

iain

Patty

8) 8) A new granddaughter, that is wonderful news!  Give her a hug for me, please, I love babies!

Patty  the grandma wannabe
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Roxie

Prepare to lose your heart!   smiley_hairbow

Congratulations all around!!   8)
Say when

IL Bull

Quote from: Chris Burchfield on August 15, 2006, 06:49:52 PM
First female born to either side of my family in 40 years.
When my first daughter was born in 1969 she was the first girl born in the Bull family in 60 years.  I thought the doctor was pulling my leg. :o 8)  It sure worked out for the best! 8) 8)
Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

asy

Well, 1969 was a VERY good year...  ;)

thecfarm

Enjoy your Granddaughter.They are alot of fun to have around.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

RMay

RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

tcsmpsi

Don't let these other folks kid you.  Them grand daughters are pesky little critters.  And, under no circumstances be nice to them.   I made that mistake.  When they come to pick 'em up, then you have that dilemma thing. 

"I wanna stay with pawpaw."   

Yeah.  Uh huh.  Then what do you do?   Yeah, go ahead, be tempted to say, "aw, go ahead and let them stay a while longer."

Anyhow, congratulations.  I reckon.    ;)
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Chris Burchfield

Thanks for all the support. Didn't need any, just wanted to let ya'll know. Sorry to have post impropery on the sawmilling site, but these are the folks I know and feel kin to, like family. Don't spend much time on other parts of the site, other than "For Sale."  Hope I'll be forgiven. She is perfect and all that. Pics are coming, Chris.

highpockets

Chris,  granddaughters are fine.  Our youngest is not one year old.  I was going to upload a photo of her eating her one year birthday cake but the image thing is messed up. Still she can be seen at   www.cp-tel.net/ashuford   under 2006 birthday.  It will give you an idea of what happens next. 

Congradulations

Louisiana Country boy
homemade mill, 20 h.p. Honda & 4 h.p. for hydraulics.  8 hydraulic circuits, loads, clamps, rotates, etc.

asy

Highpockets, thanks for sharing those photos,

I hope you don't mind, but I had a wander around, they're great.

I loved travelling through arabia and Russia with you, you seem to have had a varied life.

Your girls must have loved their childhood.

I like the idea of giving the 1yo a whole cake, she sure can fingerpaint!

Must ask, though, your twin grandsons Rayven and Rayden...  Don't their names sound awfully alike??? Is there ever confusion?

Thanks again for sharing, looks like a great brood, and I love the idea of everyone having the one party, much saner than having lots of different ones!

highpockets

Thanks for the comment on our webpage.  Yes, I have made a lot of miles in the past. As for the twins, their mother is our youngest and she knows about everything.  Now she realizes how stupid it was to name those kids that.  Oh well, it's done. 

Thanks, we love sharing our life. I have the most wonderful wife.   

Louisiana Country boy
homemade mill, 20 h.p. Honda & 4 h.p. for hydraulics.  8 hydraulic circuits, loads, clamps, rotates, etc.

asy

Quote from: highpockets on August 19, 2006, 09:40:23 PM
As for the twins, their mother is our youngest and she knows about everything.  Now she realizes how stupid it was to name those kids that.  Oh well, it's done.

Well, I wasn't going to SAY that...   hehe

Still, as you say, I bet there are lots of young people who have kids and name them odd things only to regret it later. I know I was cogniscent of that when I named my kids, and I ran the names past my mum before I used them. So I have a Sasha (short for Alexander) and Stephanie. Not too bad, I don't think.

highpockets

Louisiana Country boy

ARKANSAWYER

Well Chris let me welcome you to the GrandPa club.  It is a fine place to be with good company.   Grandkids are better then Kids.   You can love them up and then send them home full of candy and caffeen. 8)
ARKANSAWYER

Chris Burchfield

Nine months was a long time to wait on her. But after three months of trying to figure out the photo upload and down time of the album area, I offer great thanks to Jeff B and Dang.  Here's Madison Amanda Burchfield in all her glory. Ain't she perfect?

She'll be three months old on the 14th.

Patty

Oh my, what a happy little angel!   Give her a hug for me, Grampa.  ;)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Thank You Sponsors!