iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Time change

Started by pigman, October 28, 2006, 10:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigman

Tonight here in the U S of A we are told to set our clocks back one hour a 2:00 am. That sounds simple, but I get confused every Fall when I have to do the deed. At exactly 2:00am  I get up and set the clocks back one hour. With the twenty clocks including the microwave oven,  VCR and two TVs, it is almost an hour before I get done with the time changes. ::) Now is when I get confused. You see, it is 2 o'clock again. Am I supposed to set the clocks back an hour again. I try to obey the government and they say to set the clocks back at 2 am.  Does anyone have an answer to my dilemma. :P

Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

chet

I don't bother ta change mine, saves me da bother of changin' um back in a couple of months.  ;D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Furby

Sure do!
But I can't say it out loud or the MIS might shut down the forum.

Jeff

Bob, start with your sundial.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

pigman

The Time Police are going to get you Chet. :o

Bob the law abiding citizen

Furby

pigman

Sure Furby, they have time cops. ;D   They do not have enough police to investigate thefts and such, but they have plenty to check if my seat belt is fastened and my clocks are set at the correct time. ::)

Bob

Furby

I think I saw a movie once.......

Don_Papenburg

This  is one example of the wizzards that populate our government leadership rolls .  They actualy belive that if they force us to change our clocks one hour ahead in the spring that we will save daylight.  If that is the case why don't we save it year around  and never change the time on our clocks.  Or maybe we  should cut a couple of feet off the top of the blanket and sew it onto the bottom because our feet are sticking out.
Let them time cops bring it on we have ways too deal with them .

timeout at the OK corral 
Are you with us Bob and you will never have to change your clock again.

Don on time most of the year.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Ed_K

Change it in the morning, and once a yr you'll have an excuse for being late for church  ;D .
Ed K

Gary_C

Bob

There is a real easy solution to your problem and it comes from an old Chinese Proverb. "Man who has one watch always knows exactly what time it is, but man with two watches is never quite sure."

So what you should do is to reset just one clock and then pull the plugs or remove the battries from the rest. Should not take you more than a half hour and you can go back to bed.

Then in the morning, you will know "exactly" what time it is.

My problem with this time change is that I have a lot of work to do right now and I have been working from sunup to sundown. But now, what with one hour less time, I may not be able to get done. I sure wish they would just leave it the same as it was.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Mr Mom

Change it before you go to bed that is what i do.

Thanks alot Mr Mom

asy

Fall back, Spring ahead.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Bro. Noble

Well,  nobuddy bothered to tell me that it was time to change the clocks >:(  I been getting up at 5 AM to go milk for the past 25 years and when I woke up this morning the clock said 4:00.  I told my wife that clock's wrong-----she said it's 4:00,  go back to sleep.  I had to get up anyway and looked at the clock downstairs.  It said 5:00,  so I ate me some cornbread and milk while checking up on the forum..  Now it's 4:50 I discover and I've got 30 minutes before I have to go milk.  I guess I'll go back to bed but I'm not sleepy.  I'll ask my smart alec wife just what I'm supposed to do for 30 minutes till time to go ;)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Chris Burchfield

When you change your clock, don't forget to change the batteries in your smoke detector. Spring or fall. If your smoke detector is more than 10 years old, replace it. We teach kid now to sleep with their bedroom door closed. The new building codes require a smoke detector in each sleeping room. The door is like a big guard standing there all night saying "I'll keep heat and smoke out of your room as long as I can." This would allow extra time to use your second escape route which may be a window.  :)
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Fla._Deadheader

No time change in CR. Gets light and dark same time, year round. Maybe I can send Bob some correct time when I get back, and he can install it in all his "Time Machines".  ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

OneWithWood

For a long time a good part of Indiana had it figured out.  We didn't mess with the clocks and all was well.  We even had our own little time slot on the menus for configuring computers.  Life was good.

Then came along some stoopid politician who just had to get us to be like the rest of the world . . .

And if that isn't bad enough the change in the fall next year won't be until November

and then, and then, my new handler at work decides that even though I get a lot more done working 5am to 1pm that he would prefer (actually demand) that I go back to an 8am to 5pm workday.  Coupled with this idiotic time change it means I can't get any work done in the woods except on the weekends, and then only if it has been dry and doesn't rain on the weekend.  :-\ :-[ :'(

I don't wear a watch and I wouldn't mind if all the clocks stopped working.  Just keep the sun on its appointed rounds and I will figure it out!

. . .don't get me started . . .
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

pigman

Don't tell the time cops, but my alarm clock did not wake me a 2 am last night. :-X When I got up this morning the sun was rising and it was only 7:10 . :o It has been rising about  8:10 am. I don't know what happened. The government has so much power these days it can cause the sun to rise earlier. :( At first I thought the wife had changed the clocks, but when I got on the computer it had the same time as the rest of the clocks.  I wonder if the sun is going to set at the usual time tonight. smiley_headscratch
Quote from: Don_Papenburg on October 28, 2006, 11:50:03 PM
They actually believe that if they force us to change our clocks one hour ahead in the spring that we will save daylight.  If that is the case why don't we save it year around  and never change the time on our clocks.

Along the same lines, if changing the clocks one hour saves an hour of daylight, why not change them 12 hours and save most of the daylight. That way OneWithWood could have daylight all day to work in his woods. 8)

Bob

Timburr

Many years ago, last century infact, my missus used to be a head chef,  feeding the floor crew at a meat factory. Wendy had gone to bed and it was my responsibility to change the clocks. I reset the alarm and went to bed.
We awoke and because the missus couldn't drive at the time and her work was out of town, I drove her there. When we arrived, the security dude on the gate said "You're keen today aren't you?"  I  said "Why?  what time is it?"  I found out we had arrived 2 hours early.
What had happened, I inadvertently put the clocks back 1 hour instead of 1hr forward.  We had awoken at 3.30 instead of 5.30  ;D ::) ;D  The wife took the flack from her work colleages for weeks after. Sorry wife, I goofed  :-X  Every 'time change', I am reminded of this.
I usually have a use for most of the minutes in my life, but 120 of 'em going astray totally confuses a bloke  :D

Tim
Sense is not common

Woodwalker

My Granddad always said he wished the Government would leave the time alone. He figured that they had already cheated us out of about 16-18 hours already.
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

scgargoyle

Here in FL, they say the change is partly so school kids won't be traveling to school in the dark. Funny, a school bus comes through my neighborhood at 5:30 AM to pick kids up. It's ALWAYS pitch dark here at 5:30 AM, DST or not. In the old days, they said it was so farmers could get the crops in, or something. Who cares what time it says on the clock? When its light enough to plow, or mow, or saw, you do it.
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

thurlow

After reading these posts with all the skepticism and sarcasm expressed, I can't help thinking how sad that so many of us are mistrustful of and embittered toward our government and the powers that be. ;D  Sitting here reading the Sunday paper, which is the only major newspaper for 150 miles in any direction;  right on the front page it asks, "Did you remember to change your clocks? An extra hour of daylight today."  No way they'd lead me wrong! ::)
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

mike_van

Years ago we were in a bar having a grand old time - Drank too much, etc - At 2:00 AM, closing time - It became 1:00 AM again - We tried to convince the owner to let us stay, but he threw us out anyway - I guess the sober bartender was tired of us having a good time -  :D 
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

sawguy21

Mike, you and your buddies are probably the reason it doesn't change until 2 a.m. :D :D I was a little confused this morning. Alberta where I used to live is supposed to be changing the weekend for the switch and they turned their clocks back this weekend. I was not sure if we were supposed to do it here. I turned on the cell phone to check and the provider had turned the clock back two hours  :o Now I was really messed up. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Paul_H

sawguy21,

it's ten to nine here ;)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

sawguy21

Ed_K

Bro Noble, we always milked using standard time, FIL said the cows couldn't stand the time difference. Now I hear they're trying to milk when the cow wants  :o . They have the parlor open 24-7 an the cows come thru when they feel like it  >:( .
Ed K

PineNut

One family in our church is always noted for not arriving on time. But they did one fall when they forgot to change their clocks. The only day they were ever on time.

sawguy21

:D :D :D I know people like that too.

arj

Nice thing about being retired, don`t need a watch, get up when I wakeup,
eta when I`m hungry, quit working when I want, go to sleep anytime
                            arj

asy

Pine Nut, wouldn't milking cows on demand aid them drying up?

I mean, even if they leave it an hour later each day to come in (so they come in after 25 hours on day one, 26 day two, etc) eventually, and in not too long, they'll cease milk production.

I'd have thought that was simple biology...

Am I correct???

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

jon12345

If we had enough mirrors, maybe it could be light all the time  ???

A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

Tom

That's why God made tomorrow, so we don't havet ot do it all today. :)

tcsmpsi

I don't change mine either, Chet.  At home, shop, vehicles or none of 'em.   My wife will change some at the house.

It's all daylight to dark for me, anyhow.   ;D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Thank You Sponsors!