iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Yooper Literature.

Started by asy, November 03, 2006, 07:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asy

I've ALWAYS wondered what Yooperising Literature would look like, so, I'm going to post a couple of well known bits of literature and lets see how they read yooperised!

Here we go, hang on for the ride!

1:  Sophocles, Antigone: Creon's speech, act 1.

No man can be fully known, in soul and spirit and mind, until he hath been seen versed in rule and law-giving.
For if any, being supreme guide of the State, cleaves not to the best counsels, but, through some fear, keeps his lips locked, I hold, and have ever held, him most base; and if any makes a friend of more account than his fatherland, that man hath no place in my regard.
For I-be Zeus my witness, who sees all things always-would not be silent if I saw ruin, instead of safety, coming to the citizens; nor would I ever deem the country's foe a friend to myself; remembering this, that our country is the ship that bears us safe, and that only while she prospers in our voyage can we make true friends.

2:  Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice (my favourite book!) Act 3 Scene 1, Shylock's famous "hath not a jew" speech.

I am a Jew. Hath not a Jew eyes? hath not a Jew hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions? fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer, as a Christian is? If you prick us, do we not bleed? if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that. If a Jew wrong a Christian, what is his humility? Revenge. If a Christian wrong a Jew, what should his sufferance be by Christian example? Why, revenge. The villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction.

3: Eagles, Hotel California; First verse and Chorus:

On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway;
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself,
'this could be heaven or this could be hell'
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor,
I thought I heard them say...

Welcome to the hotel california
Such a lovely place
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the hotel california
Any time of year, you can find it here

hehehe, that's it!

Now I'm gonna post it and read it, can't wait to see what happens to it!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Jeff

Day late and a dollar short. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

asy

It isn't on long enough :(

don't forget, your daytime is my sleep time, I missed it coz I was sleeping.

* asy goes off and crys.

asy  :'(

asy

Quote from: asy on November 03, 2006, 07:43:25 PM
2:  Shakespeare, Da Merchant of Venice (my favourite book!) Act 3 Scene 1, Shylock's famous "hath not a jew" speech.

I'm a tinkin I'm am a Jew. Hath not a Jew eyes? hath not a Jew hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions? fed with Da same food, hurt with Da same weapons, subject ta Da same diseases, healed by Da same means, warmed and cooled by Da same winter and summer, as a Christian is? If Dat flatlander prick us, do we not bleed? if Dat flatlander tickle us, do we not laugh? if Dat flatlander poison us, do we not die? and if Dat flatlander wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like Dat flatlander in Da rest, we will resemble Dat flatlander in dat. If a Jew wrong a Christian, what is his humility? Revenge. If a Christian wrong a Jew, what should his sufferance be by Christian example? Why, revenge. Da villany Dat flatlander teach Dis Yooper, I'm a tinkin I'm will execute, and it shall go hard but I'm a tinkin I'm will better Da instruction.

HAHAHAHAHA That's HILLARIOUS!!!

If we are like Dat Flatlander!!   HAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry, I'm easilly amused...  :-\

I had to quote the above so it stays yooperised!!!

Jeff

Yes, the quotes will stay, the rest will eventually become as near as normal as they were. :)

Mooseherder

I love it. This is great. :D

Jeff

I can't believe I'm we have not got one email yet dat says we have been hacked. Or one of Da younger chainsaw guys saying dat he was leaving because we made him look more like a fool then usual. We usually loose a few ta yooper night. It's like alcohol. Da real you can come out. :D

Wilmar

I was kinda wondrin  but  then again  I have teenagers  so  it soudns about usaual

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

asy

Quote from: Texas Ranger on November 03, 2006, 10:48:30 PM
et tu, Asy?

That be BRUTUS to you, Tex!

Hey Boss, Maybe those young guys have gotten used to looking silly, so yooperising is no difference!!!

This is such fun!

Daren

Quote from: Texas Ranger on November 03, 2006, 10:48:30 PM
et tu, Asy?

;), I think Julius Caesar was just shocked to find out Brutus was really a Yooper "Et tu, Brute?"...even though Brutus liked to say eh, and dis is my knife.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Thank You Sponsors!