iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My Normal Un Safe Routine Cost Me Today

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, March 26, 2018, 06:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deese

I severely sprained mine a few years ago, and it still hurts occasionally. It was just plain awful. It was sore for weeks MONTHS. 
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

Raider Bill

Another thing to think about... once you sprain a ankle I've found it will sprain or roll easier the next time.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Raider Bill on March 28, 2018, 11:19:31 AM
Another thing to think about... once you sprain a ankle I've found it will sprain or roll easier the next time.
I guess because it's weak. Doc said it may take over a year to get full strength back
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Don P

A sprain is a stretch, or in a bad one like that, a tear in a ligament the connects the bones in a joint together, so it is weaker. The best way to get strength back, stabilize and brace it and protect it from rolling in the future is to strengthen the muscles around it.

terrifictimbersllc

Twisted my ankle 40 yrs ago still remember it as worst pain ever I had. And I didn't really even do anything to it. Hope you feel better.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Just now starting to walk a little but most of the weight is on my heal.

FOR GOODNESS SAKE DON'T BUMP IN ON ANYTHING!!!!

Going through the black, Blue and Red color now.

I'll be glad when my left ankle looks like my right ankle again.

Banjo picker

Well there aint no doubt about it.  Those are the ugliest two feet I have ever seen in my life, bar none.  But thats a pretty blue ankle.  :) Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

YellowHammer

Those New Balance shoes been working for you? :D :D  Who's feet are those?
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Roxie

You're not fooling me with that second photo. How did you get a picture of Magicman's feet?

I'm sure sorry you have to go through this, David.  Hugs to you. 
Say when

DPatton

TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Roxie on April 02, 2018, 07:50:43 AM
 How did you get a picture of Magicman's feet?

:D :D :D :D :D Good 1 Roxie. Dem feets do look like MM.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Y'all quit talkin bout mah ears.....ya hea'h.   smiley_bigears
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

gspren

This may be a good place to mention the new ankle brace I got the other day, ASO Ankle Brace. I have had foot/ankle problems for years and tried a few braces that were bulky and didn't fit in normal shoes while these ASO braces fit with my New Balance walking shoes and 2 different pairs of hunting boats so far. They are thin nylon under the foot and have other thin nylon straps that cross your foot and hook on Velcro. When worn with my low New Balance shoes it feels sort of like a good hunting boot and with the boot it really stabilizes the ankle. Only about 30-35 bucks.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Don P

I think I'm using the same thing and like it, mine is labeled EVO but I just googled and it looks like its an ASO EVO. I don't wear it unless I tweak it, which last time was hopping off the loader feeling my goats, all widehead style :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

SwampDonkey

Good old swell there. Right up there with black toe nails. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Ankle is doing better. I can walk straight on level ground and you would thing everything is fine.
Just can't quite walk on an incline yet or step on anything that will twitch it to the left.....
its sore. I wrap it before I go out and walk slow. Still a little swelling but slowly getting stronger.

Peter Drouin

Did you not pack it in Grits for a fast heal? ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

red

Try walking from heel to toe. Sounds easy but it can be like learning to walk again. Plant your heel solidly then roll your foot up to your toe. It seems you should be healing by now . Stay healthy.
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Don P

Adding another, practice standing on one foot, trying for a 10 count, it rebuilds control.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I can walk normal and the pain is gone but after a full day the ankle gets really sore.
Folks and the Dr. said it may always be this way.
I can live with it but sorta uncomfortable at times.

Hilltop366

Glad to see you are doing better.

I bet it will keep improving over time if you stop doing " Grand jetes" off the backhoe. 

Southside

Glad to hear it is getting better, they told me the same thing about it being a permanent thing - took a couple of years but today things don't hurt at the end of the day.  Keep your foibles up!!  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Thank You Sponsors!