iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

iron-grip cable clamps

Started by bitternut, March 23, 2005, 09:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitternut

Anyone know a source of this type of cable clamp? I would like to try some and see if they are as good as they say. My cable has regular u-bolt type clamps and they do snag a lot. Here is a picture of the clamps.

rebocardo

Yea, I hate the snagging. I wrap my clamps in plastic or duct tape to minimize it, especially when running a cable up into a tree, I hate when the clamps get stuck in a crotch  >:(

I never even knew those type of clamps existed.

sawguy21

They work well and don't slip as long as the bolts are tightened evenly. I have used them on helicopter slings
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

bitternut

QuoteI have used them on helicopter slings

Okay sawguy21................Sooooooooooooooo, where did you get them?

sawguy21

The local wire rope suppliers carry them. I don't remember the brand name but try Crosby-Laughlin.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

bitternut

Well sawguy21 I still have been unable to find any of these clamps. Guess nobody else can either since they haven't piped in here with any sources. Google has turned up nothing. Crosby catalog had nothing like them either.

Al B

The pic. you show is from Northeast Implements web site.  These clamps are standard equip. on new Farmi winches.  How about trying a Farmi dealer as a source.

Ironwood

I would like to know if anyone can find these as well. Myself and knuckles and hands would greatly appreciate it. REID
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

rebocardo

Okay, using google and deductive reasoning, I figured these were probably either Marine or Aircraft clamps and not made in China. So ...

http://www.myhre-maritime.no/index.asp

link

link

link

Page 162.

So, it looks like the OEM of iron grip clips is probably Myhre Maritime of Norway. I think if you download or order from the ISSA catalog from www.shipsupply.org you could have them shipped directly from the UK. I believe the BG-M10 number will be the cross reference # in the ISSA catalog. I will leave it up to you to figure out a US distributor.

smiley_blue_bounce

bitternut

Hey thanks Rebocardo. Those look like the ones. Now I will have to see if I buy some. As suggested maybe a Farmi dealer will sell them also. I don't have one in my area that I know of but one out of the area might be able to supply some.

Larry

I make an eye splice.  Not hard to do and takes about the same amount of time as putting on clamps.  Use a little lashing wire over the loose ends and tape it up.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

ridgerunner

I have a farmi 351 winch on my kobota tractor. when i first got the winch, the first thing i did was take the rope clamps off and take the cable off the drum, i then took it to a local shop and had them put eye with a thimble and then put a steel ferrule to termiate the cable. this makes the end of the winch line more flexible,lighter and snag proof. you are asking for trouble when you use rope clamps on the end of a winch line. before i retired i worked in a coal mines for 30yrs as a production foreman and had to deal everyday with winch lines. If my company discoverd that someone had rigged up a winch line with crosby's they would be looking for a new job. we had a lot of men seriously hurt from backlashes when the clable broked or worst yet when the hook became dislodged from the load. we used big air winches,hydraulic and dc whinches. company policy was that before any line was hook to a load a heavy piece of burlap 30ft long was placed on the winch line where it came off the drum to 30 ft out. this would slow down the backlash and prevent a serious injuries.  good luck and be safe--ridgerunner

tnlogger

ridgerunner welcome to the forum you'll find everyone here is willing to help and DanG friendly
to. if you have a chance click on the members map at the top of the page and plant a shrub
around here them shubs grow inta trees real fast  ;D
gene

rebocardo

rebocardo

I was at northern toolhttps://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=position"> Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company and they had clamps by "Peerless"? The clamps looked like two rounded pieces of metal halves clamped together with a + machine screw from each opposing side. Since they did not have torque specs on them for the screws and did not say how many to use I skipped the purchase. Inside each half were two V grooves to clamp the cable (live and dead).

SwampDonkey

bitternut,

If that pic came from the same site as below.....

http://www.northeastimplement.com/newpage29.htm

Why not give them a call? There is a phone number at the page bottom.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!