iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My take on a replenishable Zero clearance insert

Started by jamesamd, March 04, 2011, 01:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesamd

After reading many questions and answers about zero clearance inserts,I decided to take pictures
and post them,to show how I made My ZCI.
After decommissioning a rather large robot at work,We kept an assortment of aluminum plate for home projects.
After making several of various materials,I decided to make a reuseable insert with replaceable
inserts.Here it is in the TS

The replaceable inserts,top&bottom

close-up

Removed from table,sliding insert out

2 different dados were cut with this insert

A close look at how I milled the insert to accept the replacable inserts,I used hard maple for My first ones

And with more of the scrap I upgraded My router extension and added a rock-solid coping sled,

Jim

All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Lud

If they work as good as they look , you must make some great stuff!
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Burlkraft

Great idea!

Having a machine shop at hand is a great way to get stuff you just can't buy
Why not just 1 pain free day?

D._Frederick

There was an insert similar to yours that used a bevel sided wood insert that slid into the main aluminum insert. I only saw one in a local store about 10 years ago and don't know the name. Norm on  the Yankee work shop uses one.     

Brad_bb

Charles Neil woodworking has a similar style insert for sale.  I like yours and his design.  I want to upgrade to that if I can ever force myself to pry open the wallet.
http://shop.charlesneilwoodworking.com/SawStop--Charles-Neil-Signature-Zero-Clearance-Table-Saw-Insert_p_101.html
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Thank You Sponsors!