iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tree identification

Started by fidel, June 15, 2018, 11:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fidel

Hi, can anyone help me identify this tree, it is found in South Florida.
Thanks.

WV Sawmiller

Fidel,

I am amazed this thread has been there this long without an answer or being moved. I would suggest re-posting this thread in the Tree, Plant and Wood ID category and maybe someone will pick up on it.

As much detail as you can provide will be helpful. I sure don't recognize it and wonder if it is some kind of ornamental non-native tree or shrub. Are there others in the area? Does it have fruit, flower, nuts or beans that you have seen? That would be helpful in keying it out.

Good luck.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

thecfarm

I amazed that he started this thread and never came back to check on it. ???
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Yep, he will never know that his black locust was identified :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

WV Sawmiller

Danny,

I'd never have guessed it and I have lots of Black locust on my place. I guess the leaves looked bigger in the picture or something. I was thinking maybe a tropical plant like a breadfruit tree or a gourd tree or such. 
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

WDH

Howard,

It may not be black locust, maybe an acacia, but it certainly looks to be in the pea family just like black locust. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

The guy never came back to the forum after making the post.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

florida

WDH

You're correct. To my knowledge we don't have black locust but have plenty of acacia. 
General contractor and carpenter for 50 years.
Retired now!

Thank You Sponsors!