iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I needed nose glasses!

Started by Jeff, February 09, 2015, 09:45:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

So, late last week I had Henry's Tree service in to take down 5 trees that needed to come down that were over hanging my storage barn and some other things. I'd been contemplating how to get them down for 2 years and finally just did the right thing.  All I wanted them to do was get the trees down and I would take care of the wood and the brush. So Saturday, I went out and built a bonfire and started hauling brush to it. On one trip to the brush pile I grabbed a limb that had some other brush on it. I grabbed it with both hands and began to pull. Just as it was about to give, a chunk of brush on top shot forward and went right up my left nostril and stabbed me deep up in my nose.  I eventually got the blood to quit, and worked the rest of the day to finish the brush up.

So Yesterday and today I cant much breath out of my nose as it is all swollen inside. It doesn't hurt as bad as it did, so I think there probably isn't anything up there like a sliver.

I had safety glasses on, and caps. Never thought about having something jump up my nose and get me!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DonT

That sounds like a painful injury,I hope it heals quickly.A screen face shield on your helmet may have helped,but I know I am guilty of not using it all the time. Why am I thinking of those fake blasck glasses and nose with the mustache attached right now.

Weekend_Sawyer

... and the neighbors will probably leave you alone too.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

BradMarks

Jeff

@DonT
Like these? ;D  I think they clash with this year's beard.  :D

doctorb

This is something I'd expect from Magicman.  He hasn't reported a new injury in a while. ;D  Could you ID the wood by the smell?
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

LeeB

Worst thing I ever had up my nose was a molten blob of slag while using a cutting torch.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Magicman

QuoteThis is something I'd expect from Magicman.  He hasn't reported a new injury in a while.
I say nothing.  :-X
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

isawlogs

Lee, I so know what you felt...  :-\  Also had one in my left ear.  Hanging iron was not easy as some might think. Would not change that one bit though. Wish I was still at it today.

Having ones nose poked by a limb is never a good feeling  :o :o
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Jeff

Quote from: doctorb on February 09, 2015, 12:45:52 PM
This is something I'd expect from Magicman.  He hasn't reported a new injury in a while. ;D  Could you ID the wood by the smell?

Yes, it was a bloody red oak.

beenthere

Maybe put this in the "trees feel pain" thread.  Gettin even with ya, just sayin...   ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

DonT

Yes Jeff that is exactly what I had pictured.Will say I spit coffee when I saw the goalie mask.Glad you are able to see the humour in the situation.

petefrom bearswamp

Ouch,
Do you resemble a raccoon yet?
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Jeff

No bruising or swelling on the outside. Only up in my nose. Its gotten a lot better through the day.

Magicman

Quote from: Jeff on February 09, 2015, 04:33:47 PMIts gotten a lot better through the day.
Are you saying that you smell better now??   ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LeeB

right now I bet his nose runs and his feet smell.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

blackfoot griz

Jeff--You're the Boss...not a safe Branch Manager.

Thank You Sponsors!