iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

After the sanity check!

Started by Satamax, August 16, 2017, 04:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crusarius

If you put a guard around them you can usually recover the nuts and reuse them :)

Satamax

Guys, this is how it looks like. 

Thanks for your replies. 
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

mike_belben

Id do it.  If somehow the shaft should snap at the hole theres enough spline to put a yoke on still. 
Praise The Lord

Satamax

French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

Skeans1

Just curious why not set up a small truck tower yarder with the ground you guys have it's be safer.

Satamax

Quote from: Skeans1 on August 23, 2018, 07:29:53 AM
Just curious why not set up a small truck tower yarder with the ground you guys have it's be safer.
Duhhhh?????? What's a tower yarder? 

Skeans1

mike_belben

One man yarding show doesnt really sound like a good idea to me.
Praise The Lord

mike_belben

Btw max it just donned on me to mention, you want to ensure you have a non rigid coupling on that output, whether it be a pto shaft, jaw, puck or chain and sprocket coupler.  

I dont know how youre planning it out, but if you have a rigid connection and the chassis flexed under cable load or on some heavy articulation or something, it may sideload the drive bolt and break it, wallow the hole, or shatter the tip.  Sideload on an unsupported stub end like that should be relieved.
Praise The Lord

Skeans1

Quote from: mike_belben on August 23, 2018, 07:53:01 AM
One man yarding show doesnt really sound like a good idea to me.
They are doing it out here now no more guys setting chokers.

Riwaka

Satamax

Hey guys! I don't have neither the need, nor the money to do this! :D 

Satamax

Guys, 

i have found this one, ok, cheaper than my previous find. 

Genuine US Military M-35, A1, A2, M-756A2, G742 2.5T,Transfer Case PTO, NSN # 2520-00-229-5673, Ordnance # 11609228, P-136-C | B and M Military Surplus

But way more expensive than i can afford for the moment. 

Found a previous model, with  no oil pump on it. Far cheaper. 

But i thought, if i just put sealed bearings in there, i should be fine no? 

mike_belben

I think that $1200 tag is outrageous.  

An open cage roller bearing with the proper oil seal and good seal surface behind it will work fine.  Just remember that deflection of the seal surface is not tolerated by the seal. If you turn a seal surface into an output yoke, the yoke cannot have any side load, only torsional.

I built a custom cut and weld transfer case doubler for my buddy almost a decade ago.  The new backhalf utilized a used, open roller honda civic diff carrier bearing and oil seal that was in my junk pile.  NPT fill plug on top and level plug on the side.  Just dumped in gear oil until the bearing got oil and ran it.  Ford ranger borg warner planetary box into an early bronco dana 20 if i remember right.

The truck broke all sorts of 1ton stuff but the tcase lived and was recently sold to go into another buggy. 
Praise The Lord

Satamax

I agree with you, price is mad! 

Well, found one elsewhere for 380 or thereabouts, plus 30 something shipping. But no oil pump on it. 

Satamax

Well, i have a crisis of faith. 

Good news on the generator side of things for the saw. Which is good. 

But i had found a guy on truck parts inventory, with the right  PTO on a semi disassembled  transfer case. And soo far, he won't budge. He won't sell me the PTO. And the whole transfer case is too expensive for me! 

That case has the front declutch dismantled already. It's good for parts, that's all.  A guy on ebay, has 4 of the same transfer cases, for 995 dolls, and he's had these for a good year now. Not a single one sold. And he even offered me the more tatty one for 795. 

Arggghhhhh, i don't want a whole transfer case, and i don't want to pay half of the price i've paid for the tractor, just for the PTO! 

mike_belben

Well..  Then dont.  Problem solved. 

Youve got time.  Leave the door open and something good will come in it. 
Praise The Lord

Satamax

Another guy said 500$. I already have found cheaper, but not for the exact one i am after. This is getting tedious. 

But, i bought this. 

It's an extremely tight fit for the moment, and i need to deburr. 

I tried to fit it late yesterday, with no result. Will file all the burrs, and see what it does today. 

If it works, the plan is to turn a chain sprocket,  from one source or another, to the outside diameter of the splined sleeve, assemble the two, i think by welding.  Males a cover, with the lathe, to go around the body of the splined sleeve, with an oil seal. 

Do the same with the winch's splined sleeve too, and be done. 

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Satamax

Yeeee haahhh! It fits! 

Well, it would be cleverer. But i'm under the impression that i gonna have to use cardan. The end of the sleeve is nearly flush with the body. 

So guys, with a a T136 T226, may be a T223, the output shaft of the T case seems to be a 1-3/4" 6 splines agricultural PTO shaft. 

Mike, i have also ordered a hydraulic pump, 17cc one, iirc. 25 liters minute at 1500rpm. And the sleeve for the winch. 

I gonna have to attach the gear pump to the gearbox PTO. That's another story. 

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Satamax

Mike, i think i gonna go for the sleeve i have, mated to a flange, one bolt in the middle. Then i'm thinking of affixing this to it. 

So i would  either put it vertical, and use the PTO opposite to the hydraulic pump to power the winch, either with shaft or chain. And the middle flanged yoke as a future PTO, just in case. I don't know if it's still available. 

This would be the cleverer way. I think. Since all the guys with the proper declutchable PTO want an arm and a leg. Here i would have three declutchable shafts. 

mike_belben

That box has 3 selectable outputs?  Wow.  

What are they worth?  Hard to come by?
Praise The Lord

Satamax

Hi mike. I have been negociating with that guy for a while. Last time we spoke, it was 200€ plus 40 shipping. I should have bought it straight away. 

They're not that hard to come by new. It's just a split shaft PTO, as someone here told me. 

Here from Muncie https://www.munciepower.com/products/power_take_off/split_shaft

Power trax, at the bottom of the page. http://www.power-trax.de/produkte/ptos/ptos-e.htm

Or hydrocar  http://www.webpto.com/hydrocar/scheda.asp?idbu=1&idcat=13&idserie=1&idgamma=1&idprod=6&cod=P842315

But if you want to make that on the cheap. A divorced transfer case can well do the job.  You can declutch the front shaft, and the rear shaft puting it in neutral. Have the croice of going  for a lower speed with more torque. And can even find other PTOs to fit to it, often. 

T600 rockwell for example, could be interesting. 1 input shaft, Rear shaft, front shaft can be de clutched , so can be a proportional PTO, and there is a PTO output i believe, which can be used when the case is in neutral. 

You can even piggyback two transfer cases  ;DSo front  shaft of the first one can become a PTO. etc! 

Satamax

Dang, just got the reply from the guy, the dang thing is gone.

Talk about hope and setbacks. Mind you, i will still ask the Chinese guy on Alibaba. If ever i can find one dirt cheap there. I've seen, some. 

Thank You Sponsors!