iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

batteries

Started by woodmills1, February 04, 2013, 07:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

was led to believe that rechargable batteries liked being totally discharged and then recharged, might have been true long ago but not now.

2 of my ryobi 1+ quit after draining, some research said they lose polarity

I took them out to my car battery charger and gave them a quick 2 amp zap, and sure enough they charged right up on the royobi charger

NICE 8)
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Do these batteries go in your SAWMILL?  :o :o     :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Al_Smith

Now nothing is impossible but it might take more than one . ;)

woodmills1

Royobi 1+ is a national name did you put on your less than thinking cap
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Jasperfield

On a humerous note:

It appears that Boeing Aircraft is going to have several, very large, rechargeable batteries for sale (or free) soon.

woodmills1

ona real note we all have recharge batteries that dont work so good so why hyjack this

Al_Smith

:D Don't take on line humor so seriously .

Jasperfield

woodmills1:

I'll let you pass on by... on this one.

beenthere

Quote from: woodmills1 on February 04, 2013, 09:28:08 PM
ona real note we all have recharge batteries that dont work so good so why hyjack this

QuoteRoyobi 1+ is a national name did you put on your less than thinking cap

You started it  ;D ;D   Started out in the OP as Ryobi batteries.  ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Brucer

There's lots of different types of rechargeable batteries. Nickel-Cadmimum (NiCad), Nickel-Metal Hydride (NiMH), Lithium Ion (Li-Ion), and of course, Lead Acid. Some of them you just charge whenever it's convenient (Lead Acid). Some have a "memory" so if you charge them too soon, they will "think" they're supposed to stop giving you power when they reach that point. Some of them need "smart" chargers that monitor and regulate the charge. (Li-Ion). Some won't accept a charge if they are drained to much.

So what kind of rechargeable are we talking about?
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Thank You Sponsors!