iDRY Vacuum Kilns

general forum etiquette

Started by Danausplexippus, June 13, 2018, 01:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danausplexippus

Simple little question. When one posts a question to a forum, and an expert 
gives an answer, is one expected to say thank you, or is it really just not expected
or necessary . Thank you for answer. David in Indiana.
David

Raider Bill

I'm no expert especially about most everything on this forum but a thank you is always nice.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Hilltop366

I,ll even acknowledge that "thank you" with a "your welcome" but I'm Canadian so I may be over polite.

Sorry about that.  

Jeff

I'd treat your fellow members here like you would if you were standing in front of them. That's what is expected here. Also, like I have said many many times before. The Forestry Forum is an extension of my life and my home. What would make you a friend and welcome at my home goes here too. :)
The opposite applies as well.  :snowball:
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Danausplexippus

David

Gary_C

What's always nice is if you come on the forum with a question or problem, you also come back and give feedback on the solution to your problem or question. It's always nice to know if there was a solution to your puzzle.

On the other hand, asking a question or posing a problem that you already have an answer in mind and dismissing answers you don't want to hear is not so nice. Or in other words, don't ask a question unless you are prepared to seriously consider any answer you receive.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Don P

I'd say in any walk of life and expert or amateur, someone has taken the time to read and respond so some form of acknowledgement is appreciated back. It personally bugs me when someone asks a question, someone responds and then ... crickets. Did the person even return to read the response, did the rapture happen, DanG, I'm still here, I think some response is appropriate. I responded to a post yesterday and the poster replied that he'd already tried that, which led to other people knowing to keep thinking and offering suggestions. Thank you's are good but that's what I mean by some response is appropriate, let everyone know you're still on the green side of the lawn and trying.

tawilson

Tom
2017 LT40HDG35 WIDE
BMS250 and BMT250 sharpener/setter
Woodmaster 725

thecfarm

Just to show good manners,welcome to the forum.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bigtrees

As mentioned above, you can say thank you. Way better is to say what solution solved your problem, so folks who find your question via search have an answer.