iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Quickie Quiz Jackpot #11

Started by mesquite buckeye, February 25, 2013, 06:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesquite buckeye

Who am I? ??? ??? ???

The log, not the dude, dude. ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8)

:snowball1: dadgum you, Charlie! logrite_cool teeter_totter bike_rider bat_smailey bat_smailey bat_smailey bat_smailey smiley_biggrin01
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

JuniperBoss

The log is obviously mesquite, dude ;D.
"The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense." --- Thomas Edison

mesquite buckeye

No way, dude. ;D ;D ;D       :snowball:

help_me dadgum you, Charlie! smiley_eek_dropjaw teeter_totter splitwood_smiley splitwood_smiley splitwood_smiley boxingsmiley boxingsmiley smiley_swinging_board
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

mesquite buckeye

Slab Slicer

2016 LT35HDG25, Kubota L2501 w/ FEL, Kubota BX1500 w/FEL and custom skidding rig, Stihl MS 500i, Stihl MS362-25", Stihl MS250-20", Stihl MS192-18",  2001 F250 SD 7.3, GMC Sierra Dually 6.0 gasser, Peaqua 16" 10K trailer, Sur-Trac 12' Dump Trailer 10K
Chuck

mesquite buckeye

mesquite buckeye

Clue #2

smiley_bouncing_pinky smiley_bouncing_pinky smiley_bounce smiley_blue_bounce smiley_bounce smiley_bouncing_pinky smiley_bouncing_pinky

popcorn_smiley popcorn_smiley popcorn_smiley

WDH

A fruit tree or an ornamental cherry or some such.  Scraggly for sure.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: WDH on February 25, 2013, 09:29:58 PM
A fruit tree or an ornamental cherry or some such.  Scraggly for sure.

Out here we call that a fabulous log.  ;D ;D ;D Almost 10ft long and you don't have to cut curves to get boards. ::)

In response to your answer, NO Way dude!!! ;D ;D ;D

None of those things. popcorn_smiley popcorn_smiley popcorn_smiley

mesquite buckeye

doctorb

Possibly Mulberry?  Just a S.W.A.G.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

mesquite buckeye

giant splinter

roll with it

mesquite buckeye

Clue #4

dadgum you, Charlie! dadgum you, Charlie! dadgum you, Charlie! smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_swinging_board

mesquite buckeye

giant splinter

roll with it

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: giant splinter on February 25, 2013, 10:52:26 PM
Manzanita

Gotta give the persistence award on that one, but it isn't that.... ;D

giant splinter

roll with it

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: giant splinter on February 25, 2013, 10:57:43 PM
Border Pinion Pine

Giant, you are one dangerous ornery hombre, but it is not that one either.

laugh_at :rifle:

popcorn_smiley Violin_smiley

giant splinter

roll with it

mesquite buckeye

giant splinter

It has a nickname of "salt cedar" I will search for the real name
roll with it

giant splinter

roll with it

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: giant splinter on February 25, 2013, 11:16:31 PM
It has a nickname of "salt cedar" I will search for the real name

Well, alrighty then. Tamarix pentandra, salt cedar, will work. Introduced and invasive throughout the river valleys of the Southwest.

Purty though, lots of chatoyance.

We have a winner.

smiley_clapping smiley_blue_bounce smiley_blue_bounce smiley_bounce smiley_bouncing_pinky smiley_bounce smiley_blue_bounce smiley_blue_bounce

mesquite buckeye

Should have looked first. That was the wrong one. GGrrrrr.

Well, you win anyway. It really is Tamarix pentandra. Usually doesn't get as big as the other one, usually called athel tree. They call both of them salt cedar, though. You got it on the common name. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!