iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

success story

Started by starmac, April 22, 2018, 01:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starmac

Well at least one in the making, with a good start.

I went to the outdoor show yesterday. Our woodmizer dealer was up from Los Anchorage and had a booth set up, So I went and picked up a box of bands, he had a local kid that bought a new LT28 3 years ago demonstrating the mill and sawing a few logs for folks that wanted to see one work.

I met this kid 3 years ago and he had a young very pregnant bride, a new mill and a lot of want to. I talked to him quite a bit and he was going to keep his day job, but start a mobile milling gig too. he was chargeing 35 bucks an hour, I told him he was way too cheap, even for a manual mill. Well he still has the day job, but is only working part time now, and is averaging 30 hours a week at 80 bucks an hour, also buys logs and makes a lot of 3 sided logs for cabins.
When I met him, he had the mill a cant hook and a log right arch, which he still has, but has added a skidsteer.
I BSed with him for an hour or so, it is nice to see a young guy make a go of it.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

SawyerTed

That's awesome!  Enthusiasm is 75% of success, everthing else can be learned.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

firefighter ontheside

That's a great success story.  It's great to make some money doing what you love.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Thank You Sponsors!