iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Any timber cutters use service pro bar oil

Started by ohiowoodchuck, November 23, 2016, 08:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohiowoodchuck

I found it locally for about 8.00 a gallon. I just wondered if anybody else has had any experience with it.
Education is the best defense against the media.

luvmexfood

I use Poulan bar oil that I get at the local Wallyworld (Walmart). Bought a gallon the other day and I think it was $7.96. Can say when the weather is cold and after filling the saw it will make a string 3 or 4 ft. long so it has some kind of tack agent in it.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

bill m

Tractor Supply has hydraulic oil on sale, Friday only, $16 for 5 gallons. I will be getting 2 pails and mixing them 50/50 with bar oil to use as winter weight bar oil.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

deastman

I've been using it in my FabTek processor head with 3/4" pitch chain and havnt had any problems
Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

ohiowoodchuck

I found a even better deal on it, 34.28 for a 6 gallon case thru the local bulk oil supplier. I think I'll give some a try as the Stihl brand woodcutter oil is 12.79 a gallon here.
Education is the best defense against the media.

coxy

Quote from: bill m on November 23, 2016, 09:50:32 PM
Tractor Supply has hydraulic oil on sale, Friday only, $16 for 5 gallons. I will be getting 2 pails and mixing them 50/50 with bar oil to use as winter weight bar oil.
can you send me some for that price  :)  i use straight  hydraulic oil or mix it with used motor oil all the time for bar oil till last winter i got 25 5gal pails of chevron iso 100w rock drill oil for 5 bucks a 5gal pail off CL have never had any trouble using any of it  just remember never use 80-90 gear oil for bar oil that stuff stinks when you pinch the bar and get it hot leaves a bad taste in your mouth  :D

Thank You Sponsors!