iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

EAB treatment systems

Started by DonT, February 16, 2014, 10:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonT

I am currently planning on adding EAB treatment to my services this spring.I am planning on using Tree-azin with either the arbor jet quick jet system or the arbor jet tree iv system.Does anyone have any feedback or experience with either of these systems.  Thanks Don

BuckeyeAaron

I've used both and I prefer the tree I.V. While tree I.V. has more compentents and maybe some higher upkeep, I love how you can "set it and forget it" if the tree is slow on uptake. This is especially helpful if you have a client with multiple tasks to complete.  You can start this one first and let it run while you work on other items.

I should add though is that I've never used the system for EAB. I usually just do soil drenches instead.
If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. 

Psalms 139, 9-10.

DonT

My other option is the eco-jet system made and marketed by bio forest,they also market tree azin,currently treeage is not approved for use in Canada.I am leaning towards the tree iv system it seems to be more versatile.

BuckeyeAaron

I'm not familiar with that system. I'm amazed Treeage isn't approved yet. It's heavily used in the US - especially for trees that need a "quicker" hit or large DBH trees. I really like the Imidi. based products due to cost though and don't use treeage that much.

There's something to be said about the versatility though. I used that system a lot with Alamo (fungicide primarily used for anthracnose) and Acejet (systemic insecticide).  I forgot to mention though if you are working on a larger diameter tree with a lot of product to inject you may have to repressurize the system after a a while. The system can stall when working with large volumes.
If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. 

Psalms 139, 9-10.

DonT

The company that makes Treeage already has approval for one of its other products that is Imidopi... based,so they are not pursuing getting approval at this time in Canada is what I have read.  The eco jet system does not appear to be pressurized,unless the small applicators are,its selling feature is no plastic plug is left in the tree.

Thank You Sponsors!