iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Duck Dynasty-Phil Robertson vs Ken Stabler 1966

Started by pappy19, August 05, 2013, 04:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy19

Yes, it was the first time little Louisiana Tech played Alabama at 'Bama in the fall of 1966. La Tech is in white, and I am sure if Tech only had a better O-line, running backs and receivers, Tech would have made a decent showing. You can still see why the NFL wanted Phil but he would rather shoot ducks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn6yjaBQeEI&feature=youtu.be
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

WmFritz

That's an impressive clip, Pappy. The Snake had some nice long bombs that he threw. What an arm! But, I was even more impressed with #10's accuracy. He seemed able to put the ball on his receiver's number at any distance. I think your right. That Bama defense put a ton of pressure on Phil and hurried a bunch of passes but, he was certainly a gifted athlete. I thought his passes and confidence reminded me of a young John Elway. Took some bigtime licks too. bike_rider
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

pappy19

I don't know if I can find it on youtube, but a couple years later Terry Bradshaw (backup to Robertson) after Robertson graduated, Tech played Auburn to a 3 point loss and that same year Bradshaw also played against Roger Stauback after he graduated from the Navel Acadamy Roger went to training at Pensacola Navy and played football against colleges which included La Tech. Of course, after they both were in the NFL, they played against each other. Phil could have been a great NFL quaterback but family was more important and his Christian walk has made him more famous and has had more positive impact in the end than his athletic abilities. The Lord moves in mysterious ways.

Pap
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

terry f

What's the story on giving up the NFL for family, I have not heard it.

Left Coast Chris

Phil could move his feet, threw pin point flat passes and had a quick release for a tall guy.  He definitely had the skill set.  Thanks for sharing.
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Thank You Sponsors!