iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New sawdust - old mill

Started by Bibbyman, February 07, 2018, 06:56:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

Yes,  we're still alive and kicking.   Just doing other things.  We fire up the old mill a couple of time a year to make a little lumber for special projects.  Maybe produce a bushel of sawdust in the past three years.

I kind of reflected on how old the mill is - we installed it about this time of the year in 2002.  We upgraded from the first Accuset to Accuset  2 a couple of years later. 

When we fired it up to saw out a few wide boards for a farmer who does a lot for us,  the head wouldn't rise.  I checked and tried everything.   Finally I had to contact Rick aka Sparks.  He stepped me through a couple of tests of the Accuset system and determined the H-bridge was failing.  He sent out a new one.  That fixed it.  Should be good for another 16 years!
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Chuck White

Bibby and Mary, good to see you two making a little sawdust again!   8)  8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Good to hear from you Bob.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

Good to hear y'all are still alive, kicking and making sawdust. Keep us informed on the fix and how that works out.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Southside

You have been missed Bibbyman. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

slider

al glenn

paul case

Did you clean the mill off some. It looks cleaner than I remember.

Glad you still get some therapy sawing time.

Tell Pro sawyer Mary Hi from us.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Bibbyman

I check in from time to time and make a post here and there.  I'm just not active here on the Sawmill section.   

I know,  a lot of people think it odd,  but we started sawing in 1994 and made it our only income business from 2005 for 10 years.  A lot of folks here on the FF start sawing near or after retiring.  We retired from sawing.  We had neglected the farm and the house needed some work,  we took up hobbies, and travel a bit to keep to busy.

https://youtu.be/O9KqK1laIpw

Here is how I'm spending some of my retirement time.  The old sawdust pile is rotting down and serves as a backstop at my range. 
Sawing since '94

Kbeitz

Quote from: Bibbyman on February 07, 2018, 06:56:37 AM

When we fired it up to saw out a few wide boards for a farmer who does a lot for us,  the head wouldn't rise.  I checked and tried everything.   Finally I had to contact Rick aka Sparks.  He stepped me through a couple of tests of the Accuset system and determined the H-bridge was failing.  He sent out a new one.  That fixed it.  Should be good for another 16 years!

Was your H-bridge a relay or integrated chip ?
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Bibbyman

Quote from: Kbeitz on February 07, 2018, 08:36:50 AM
Quote from: Bibbyman on February 07, 2018, 06:56:37 AM

Was your H-bridge a relay or integrated chip ?

H-bridge is what Rick called it.  I'd call it a PLC or motor control unit. It's about the size of a paperback book and is fed by a wiring harness from the command control box and has the power in and out to motor cables connected. 
Sawing since '94

Kbeitz

[/quote]

H-bridge is what Rick called it.  I'd call it a PLC or motor control unit. It's about the size of a paperback book and is fed by a wiring harness from the command control box and has the power in and out to motor cables connected.
[/quote]

Thanks.

The H-bridge is a devise that reverses the Pos/Neg wires to the
motor for Fw/Rev. It can be made different ways.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

GDinMaine

It is good to see you on the old FF again, Bibbyman. You shared lots of knowledge and experience here over the years.

By the way. That muzzle flash is not easy to catch on "film". Here is flintlock rifle I shot (with a camera) a few years ago.

It's the going that counts not the distance!

WM LT-40HD-D42

Bibbyman

Here is a link back to a review I posted on the new LT40HDE25-RA back in 2002. When it was new and clean!

http://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,680.msg7377.html#msg7377
Sawing since '94

Percy

Great to hear from you Bibby!! ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Peter Drouin

Good to see you,
With shooting like that, the bad guys better look out .
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

sawwood

Good to see you back Bibbyman and marry. Sure did miss you two and your wisdom.

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

Thank You Sponsors!