iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

after 10 years

Started by hiya, January 29, 2006, 09:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hiya

We get started on our church restrooms 8). We had to go through the histarical commision. Than the county. Of course you have to have an architect.They went to collage,so they know more than a builder ;D. The first one didn't get enough on paper for the county. The second one wouldn't listen to what we wanted. Got us a permit for something that wouldn't work.Our minister went to the county with some from the historical comm. We ended up with close to what I drew up first. ( I have software to draw blueprints, Been building houses for more than 40 years with my oun plans)The engineer wanted us to use 14" microlams(sp) for the ridge board for a 12' building.Got him to back off to a 2x8.
Another engineer looked at the plans and said the foundation was design for a 4 story building ::).
so for pics for all of us that can look at pics better than words.
some of the children wanted to help
mg]
some more help
one of the ministers cutting floor joist. Using my 12" radial saw

my 712 woodmaster planer. We bought a load of popolar logs. Had a guy with a woodmizer saw i x'sfor siding and 5/4 X 3 for roof lath. He wasn't to careful and some of the 5/4 were up to 1 1/2". so we planed them down to the same thickness.
nuff for now.
Richard
RichardinMd.

dail_h

Looks good,we get up that way occasionaly,have to stop ,an worship with ya
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Dan_Shade

Good one on you all for letting the kids help.  I remember doing things with the older folks of our church when I was a kid. 

Nice project you have going on there.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

MemphisLogger

Quote from: hiya on January 29, 2006, 09:41:17 PM

That's awesome!  8)

I hope you poured plenty of slabs for them to put their marks on  ;D
Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

Thank You Sponsors!