iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Three years later

Started by moosehunter, April 25, 2007, 08:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moosehunter

I just noticed that I have been a member of this forum for three years. I bought my mill and tractor about the same time I joined the  Forestry Forum.
All three things have brought me much joy and happiness! The tractor and mill have helped me build many projects, the Forestry Forum family has offered much help in the way of advice and support. 4 years ago I would not cut a piece of wood because I had no confidence that anything I could build would turn out right or stay standing. Ten years ago when I mentioned remodeling a closet my wife called a friend that was a carpenter and had him over in about an hour to keep me from getting out a saw!!

Many thanks to Jeff for building this house for us to hang out in ( and allowing ME to hang out in it). Many thanks to all that have given me advise and answered my questions.

mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

sprucebunny

It's my third anniversary also !

I dreamed of having my own sawmill since my 20s but there wasn't much point untill I had a piece of land big enough to turn it around on. My carpentry skills were a little more advanced than yours, MH, but things always got a little out of hand.... like the time we decided to move a thermostat and an hour later were remodeling the entire bathroom  :o :D

The Forum has answered alot of my questions and along with some heavy reading, given me the confidence to manage my land my own way rather than simply go with what a couple of industrial foresters told me.

If it weren't for the forum, I never would have known how to get the logs to the mill or known enough to make a decision on which mill to have.

More than anything, I appreciate the friendliness and fun mixed in with the sage advice.

Thanks to Jeff and everyone here  8) 8)
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

thurlow

sb........., at times we've thought about having a herb garden;  where did you find the advice about the sage?   ;D
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

Jeff

Ya beat me to it. :D 

I was goona say "You get your advice from sage? I know Chet gets his from Barley."  :D ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

bedway

Keeping it short and sweet, I really enjoy this site :),,bedway

Thank You Sponsors!