iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mcculloch 335 chainsaw

Started by rick1955, November 20, 2016, 06:18:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rick1955

Done something rather stupid though didnt seem so at the time ,my Mcculloch 335 chainsaw started playing up so i stripped it down and noticed the small fuel line was perished so got myself a new one, and could i get it through the small hole in the tank ,like hell i could ,me being clever or so i thought i opened the hole up slightly and bingo in it went , whoops ,big mistake apparently ,anyway to continue, i couldnt get it to start ,then came up with the idea of stripping the carb down and installing new gaskets and diaphrams and the needle valve ,not to difficult ,put it all back together ,and low and behold can i get it to run ,can i buggery , HELP!!!!!!

DelawhereJoe

In the spring a buddy of mine gave me a poulan wildthing, it too had fuel line issues. I thought about drilling that little tiny line larger too, but instead got smaller fuel line instead. Have you replaced all the fuel lines and primer bulb or just the one line ? Theres probably a crack in one of the other lines.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

rick1955

all seems sound with the primer and the fuel lines, i can see when i press the primer it is actually pumping 2 stroke ,and when i try and start it i can see 2 stroke going into the carb, though there does seem to be air going in with it ,on choke its starts then runs for about 10 seconds then dies on me ,and is very hard to .start after that

dougand3

Is the plug wet after it's hard to start? May be flooding. Try using choke for only 1-2 pulls.
A new carb may be in order. I'd bet a Partner 350 carb would work. Look them over and see if they match your carb.
Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

rick1955

yes it does tend to flood a bit but not excessive , maybe its time for it to join the great chainsaw heaven in the sky :D ,or my nearest repair shop. 

DelawhereJoe

I'd pick up a new carb and change the other fuel lines, definitely sounds like something is up with the fuel delivery system.

Al_Smith

What in the world is 335 McCulloch ?

sawguy21

Either a misprint or he has an overseas model we have never seen.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

DelawhereJoe

To tell you the truth it looks just like a poulan of the same years, aside from the paint job it could pass for one.

Thank You Sponsors!