iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started the build.

Started by fishfighter, April 08, 2015, 12:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishfighter

Really no problem Lynn. After hanging and varnishing out the trim, the color now has a tint of green. :D I'm sure once I install all the LED lighting, the color will lite up some.

Before varnish and paint.

After

Doctor day tomorrow in New Orleans along with more tests. :( I will start finishing out all the wiring if I remember what was what. That one switch by the door is for 4 switches. 3 of them will feed a over head Vent/heater/light and the 4th feeds two over head lights. The later is something I have to go back and fill in the ceiling holes. Both have to be moved. >:(

fishfighter

Yesterdays trip was a all day trip. >:( Guess all is good.

So, with time on my hands, I got to kicking a crazy idea around. Being just about everything is custom built in this build, why not think outside the box even more. :D

The idea, I had my daughter make a moon stain glass that will be installed in the bathroom door. :D

She did finish it and dropped it off this morning. Just didn't take a picture of it yet. It's only 12" tall, so it's not over powering. ;D

A picture of it.

Magicman

I absolutely love it!!    smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Well, to late now. Got a hole in the door.

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Love it!

Put a backlight in it and a switch to indicate occupied or off for vacant...

Herb

Darrel

1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

fishfighter

I did get the glass installed yesterday using silicone. Had to wait till today to flip the door over and put some silicone on that side. I had used some window tabs to center the glass in the door. Problem there, they stick out to much. So I will remove them then silicone. ;D Oh, did I say oak is hard? Like to never get those tabs to stick in. :o

The wife and daughter love the door. Does meet their approval. 8) Will update with a picture later this morning.

Still thinking on how I will make a locking device/handles for the door. I do have a couple ideas, but still kicking ideas around.

thecfarm

She did good and so did you.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

fishfighter

Got the door hung back up.

Couldn't take a good picture due to to much light coming thru. The bathroom window is line right up with the door.

Magicman

Pat & I both smiled.  :)   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

GRANITEstateMP

Man, your whole dang family is creative!  Door looks great!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

fishfighter

Go out at first day light and loaded up the tractor with some 4/4x6" oak. Of to the sawmill to rip them down for door casing and some 2 1/4" lumber I need for cabinets in the bathroom. Once I did that, by up to the house and broke out the planner. Planed out a few boards for doors outside the bathroom and front bedroom. All others, I restacked and stickered.

Once planned out, off the install them. Got that done and had to call it quits for the day. To DanG HOT> :(

Didn't take any pictures. :( But, trim is trim. :D I will pick up were I left off tomorrow morning for a little more planeing out more lumber.

fishfighter

Been taking it easy with more time on my hands due to the heat. :( This heat spell has been real hell.

So, getting up early and hitting the ground at first day light, I been getting very little done. :( Resawing and planning out lumber. Anyway, started building cabinets for the bathroom.

I have more then that, but the only picture I took.

Took a bit of time, but I came up with what I wanted for door knobs thru the house. Yes, 3x the expense and 5x the trouble, but it all fits and I am so DanG happy along with the wife. ;D Like I told my grandson, we have diamonds.  :D

Got to love old school. Always walking thru my grandfolks  homes, I always look at those diamonds hanging on the doors . :D

Magicman

Gotta Love it.

That is the same diamond that I repurposed for the new Cabin bathroom.  It was reused from the bathroom door from late 40's in the house that I grew up in.   :)

fishfighter

Lynn, I tried finding those type of hinges. Couldn't. Even checked ebay.

Going to try to wrap up the bathroom tomorrow. Been wanting to take a trip up north, but can't. Was told I have 6 months on my battery or one week. >:( Asked to have it changed, but was told insurance will not do it till I get a alarm in my chest. >:(

I just don't know anymore. >:(

Briankinley2004

Cant help ya with the battery replacement but I do have some jumper cables 8)  On the door hinges try this place. 
Butt Hinge | Butt Hinges | Antique Brass Hinges | House of Antique Hardware

Magicman

As you found out Paul, those non-mortice door hinges are well over 100 years old.   :-\

fishfighter

I did find some, but the problem is weight limits. That door is very heavy.

fishfighter

Got this put together today.

Almost finish the base.

tule peak timber

Nice! Keep up the good work and drink plenty of water !
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

fishfighter

Doing that and I worked in ac today. ;D All was good till I got tired. :(

fishfighter

Been taking it easy. DanG heat. :o

Just about finish the vanity.

Draws

I did install the fronts to the draws, but didn't get a pictures. Everything is sanded down and I should get three coats of varnish on it tomorrow. Then I will get the doors done.

Still have another big cabinet to build for the bathroom.

Magicman

Paul, your middle name must be Timex.  Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.   8)

thecfarm

All looks good.   
Mine wood working skills stop when the tree hits the ground.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: thecfarm on July 26, 2018, 05:00:47 AM
All looks good.  
Mine wood working skills stop when the tree hits the ground.  ;D
No it doesn't you have a sawmill.
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Thank You Sponsors!