iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

This will be the last time

Started by Jeff, March 26, 2007, 09:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

That I kid Tammy about burying my mad money where she cant find it just before I leave on vacation...

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sawguy21

:D :D :D :D :D That is funny.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

scsmith42

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

LeeB

She must of found it. Looks like she's getting a pool with it. :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Furby

Naw, that hole is designed to let water out, not keep it in! :D
Da pool's around back. ;)

woodbowl

If I remember right, that's right where the porta potty was sitting at the last pig roast.  :)
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

chet

Dat's one DanG big hole fur such an itty biddy pipe.  :o
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Furby

Nope, da porta potty was behind where da camera person's standing.

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

WDH

If'n she did not find it there, there's gonna be more holes a'coming' :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Furby

Quote from: Chet on March 26, 2007, 10:40:45 PM
Dat's one DanG big hole fur such an itty biddy pipe. :o
Wouldn't want to use a bigger pipe.............. there wouldn't be anything to do before the roast. ;)

isawlogs

I am glad she took the initiative to dig this prior to the roast ... but ... where is daa snow ???    ::)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

woodbowl

Quote from: Furby on March 26, 2007, 10:52:58 PM
Nope, da porta potty was behind where da camera person's standing.

But the camera person is standing in the hole, no tellin how big that hole is! I figured that Mrs. Wildflower got all excited when she read about Jeff and me wanting to dig up DanGs outhouse to look for  treasure and decided to dig da yard up over there where the porta potty used to be.  ::)
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

crtreedude

Now, just got to see what Jeff is up to now...
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Jeff

Fred, its not as interesting as it may appear. Think Flush. :D

crtreedude

Think leach field? What happen? The health people said that for the FF get together you have to have something better than a latrine?!

Jeff

Our Drain field crapped out after 23 years.  :D 

crtreedude

You have been waiting for a long time to use that line... but frankly, it stinks.  ;)

Jeff

Even ice is impressed with the size of this hole.  I told Norm, the guy that is digging it I could use one 4 times the area and twice as deep on our property in the U.P. to have a pretty good fish pond. This one is 6 feet deep in places. It dont look it in the photo though.

Larry

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Dan_Shade

maybe it's because Jeff is full of it  :o
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Jeff

Our house is a berm house. That makes the tank down deep, as well as the old field was deep. The codes changed and now they wont let us fix or replace the old field. We had to move it to the east where it was lower and less fill would be over top. It also had to be a minimum of 1000 square feet. The top of the tank is down over 4 feet, so the bottom is way down there. a trench had to be dug from the tank to the new field to a spot where the new field had no more then 24 inches of soil over top.  I guess the old one, that had 4 feet over it that worked for over 20 years must have been a fluke. :-\

Luckily we have a friend with a hoe. The whole shebang is only costing 1500 bucks. I'd say thats "dirt" cheap for all the digging involved, not to mention the extra materials needed to put the filed out that far.  The inspector comes tomorrow to let us know if we can stone it now.

Jeff

SwampDonkey

I remember times like this around grandfather's place. Grandmother had to send him off fishing or something for a week so she and uncle could get new siding on the house, new drain tile and septic tank installed and new shingles on the roof.  Not all at once, but a little bit at a time. See, nothing was going to stand in the way of fishing or buying a new outboard motor, new boat or fishing pole, maybe even a new truck to haul all the loot. ;D :D :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

I would like to know where the snow is too.If this was being done here we would have a swimming pool and one BIG mud hole.My driveway is all set now,but can't do anything off the gravel.We still have snow around the house.Hope to burn 3 brush piles this week.Make room for more.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

That ground sure looks dry for digging in March weather. I was walking on bare lawn today and was like walking on cement with the frost. They are talking cold air coming from the north again.  ::) But, i did see a killdeer today, so robins will be here by the weekend.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

The land we live on was purchased originally to become a gravel pit. It turns out the vein of gravel was only 7 foot deep through here and would not be lucrative enough for the gravel, so it was subdivided. You cant make a puddle on this property.

Jeff

We had 2 foot of snow just 3 weeks ago.

SwampDonkey

We did to, but ours wasn't as fast to melt yet. :D :D

Jeff

I finally, finally, got all the fill and top soil raked out on this big mess. I was going to get it done yesterday but got rained off. Good thing I didnt put seed down as we had some torrential rain that would have floated it all to the edges. Finished up a few minutes ago. Waiting for some puddles to dry up in the center where I raked once so I can rake that again, then go seed and rake in. I expanded the project a bit by having some road gravel brought in to fill a low spot on the edge of the lawn where our forum friends always bottom out trying to haul their R.V.'s in. They have a nice smooth entrance now. :)

Dave Shepard

$1500 is a bargain, around here the average system is $15k, and there have been some in the $60k range :o :o :o, we have some huge houses around here.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Thank You Sponsors!