iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sneeky whatzit.

Started by Dave Shepard, May 28, 2007, 12:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

What is it, and why is it on The Forstry Forum:

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

junkyard

Tis a grist mill stone. Probably was in an old sawmill. Many times both mills were located on the same dam on the same creek owned by the same person or persons.
                      Junkyard
If it's free, It's for me. If for pay, leave it lay.

Dave Shepard

It is a millstone, but there is a reason it is on The Forestry Forum. You get half-credit.

Dave

PS, I spelled sneaky wrong, oops. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

TexasTimbers

Yeah I would have got it if you hadn't mis-spelled sneaky. ;D

That in itself was sneaky. :)
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Lenny_M

Wheel for the pig roaster. ;D

thecfarm

Wheel to take bark off?Can I guess again?To grind up plup wood for paper?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Tom

Some of us are going to get it hung around our neck? :-\ :-\

Left Coast Chris

The wheel that B.C. drives around?
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Dave Shepard

What's plup wood?  ;D Just kidding thecfarm gets the other half right.

This is a very interesting mill stone. It was made outside of Paris, France. There are a lot of geological features of interest related to the type of stone and how it was formed. This stone was unearthed last year next to a Shaker mill building when the town started to replace a nearby bridge, and we also discovered another at Hancock Shaker Village, a short time later. This type of stone was used to grind grain, wood plup (sp) and talc. We are doing more research on this type of mill wheel, as it is very unique.

Dave

junkyard

I worked in a pulpmill five years before they shutdown. Our grinders had stones 4' in diameterand a little over 2' wide. They had a 500 horsepower electric motor on them, 3 16x 20 pockets and the wood was fed from the pockets hydraulicly. Ground 5 cord per stone in 8 hours, ram 3 stones per man.
                          junkyard
If it's free, It's for me. If for pay, leave it lay.

asy

I know what it is! 8)

It's a wheel off da Boss's flintstones car. :D

asy :D :D :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Thank You Sponsors!