iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

MBT Shoes

Started by Magicman, May 13, 2010, 10:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

OK, the bottoms of my feet have been hurting, especially early in the morning.  At the insistence of the Magicwoman, I  made a trip to the "foot doctor" today.

I was prescribed insoles for my normal shoes and boots $35 per pair.
Budin toe splints (day use) $15. for two.
Darco toe alignment splints (night use) $35. for two.
MBT shoes $119.00 (some are $275).

Seems as though my feet are wearing out.  I'll have a pair of those insoles in my boots while sawing tomorrow.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Warbird

I use some shoe insoles called "superfeet".  They helped me a lot with posture while standing and walking.  I have some back problems that necessitated it.

Burlkraft

My feet ached all the time and I made the same trip you did.

I got arch supports and man what a difference. I was having hip pain in the hip I damaged falling out of a tree.
The pain in my hip is all gone and I can stand all day pain free!  ;D ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Magicman

New Balance "Pressure Relief" were the insoles that the Dr. prescribed for me.   I had the insoles in my boots today.  Maybe my imagination, but I really think that they helped.

I'll try to pick out the shoes tonight.  They are those "rocker bottom" shoes.

As DanG would say.....with all of this "foot learning" that I'm getting, I"m getting "footgicated.    :D

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ron Scott

I also had severe foot pain a few years back, especially in the heal. I was referred to a foot doctor who RX' molded inserts. They sure helped me and I still wear them. I have since gotten another spare pair in case I lose one. ;)

Again, pain from too much woods walking and the weight of packing tree marking paint. ;)
~Ron

Magicman

I learned that the muscles, etc. in your feet and legs don't relax while you are sleeping.  They tend to "tense" up.  That's why you wake up with a "charlie horse" in your leg or foot.  This tensing up is what is causing the soles of my feet to hurt in the morning.  I'm supposed to rub the soles of my feet to relax them before I get up.  Those splints are to hold my toes and keep me from curling them  ???

Thank You Sponsors!