iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

HT 131 carb help

Started by lone wolf, October 31, 2013, 06:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lone wolf

I have an HT 131 pole pruner and I suspect the carb to be acting up this carb has an accelerator pump has anyone gotten into this. Can the accelerator be blocked like the MS 200 T ?
7900                                                               461
200T

Saw Dr.

New carbs are cheap for those.  It is not worth driving yourself nuts trying to repair.  Just replace the carb, and go about your life.  Make sure the valves are adjusted before you bother with the carb.  The new carb will come with tamper resistant screws.  You may have to get your dealer to tune it for you.  Is suggest negotiating that when you get the carb.  Any halfway decent dealer will have the carb in stock.
I don't try to explain to others why I play with chainsaws.  For those who already know, no explanation is needed.  For those who do not, no explanation is POSSIBLE!

Super 250

angelo c

Hey Wolf !!!! your wolf changed color over here ?  :)
good to see ya here too.
wife,kids,dog,t-shirts to prove it

lone wolf

200T

joe_indi

Quote from: lone wolf on October 31, 2013, 06:48:21 PM
I have an HT 131 pole pruner and I suspect the carb to be acting up ----------

In what way is it acting up?
Joe

lone wolf

When started cold it acts like its not getting fuel barely runs, 4 or 5 minutes later it will start to run right If I turn the H jet out for more fuel it dont help.
200T

joe_indi

Several possibilities:
Old Fuel, partially blocked pickup body, excess valve clearance, block in carburetor.
Former two needs only simple replacements.
Maybe this video of mine could help with the possible excess valve clearance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waPf0oDAVOg

Though I have made another video on splitting and re-assemble of a 4Mix engine, I am yet to do one on 'reviving' the carburetor.
So I have to lead you through the process that I follow.This process though unconventional, has kept several of my customers' 4Mix brushcutters going strong, some for more than 8 years. That is, without having to replace the carburetor.

You will need a syringe, 1/2oz. each of lacquer solvent, liquid kitchen detergent, coconut oil, gasoline and water.
Mix up the lot to make an emulsion.
With the carb off the engine, remove the metering cover and diaphragm. Take out the fixed jet and adjustment screws (L & H).
Use the syringe to send the emulsion in pulses (Push-pull the plunger) through the holes of the H and L screw in turns. This will help loosen up blockages or a stuck check valve diaphragm. Your finger's pressure is around 75psi if not more  through that syringe and at least one of the ingredients in the emulsion should act on residues inside.
Use plain water through the syringe to rinse out the emulsion.
Use fuel next to get rid of the water.
Blow air through the holes. Refit the jet and top cover.
Tighten the L and H screws to their stops.
Turn out the L screw 2 ½ turns
Turn out the H screw a bit less than 3 turns.
Turn in the idle screw to its stop.
Prime the carburetor. Prime the cylinder by adding a couple of drops of fuel through the spark plug hole.
With the control on "Start" try starting the engine.
If the cleaning was successful the engine should start and settle into a fairly high speed.
Once the engine is warm lower idle by turning out the idle screw.
Fine tune L and H .
Let the engine run for some time before you shut it down. Joe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxzcR5jD5KM

lone wolf

Lots of information there Joe, thank you for posting.
200T

Thank You Sponsors!