iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Re: Walnut from Log to Floor

Started by Den Socling, March 20, 2004, 12:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Den Socling

I hope to end this here by saying that the comment was uncalled for but I wouldn't call it a 'slam'. The comment was not worthy of our ire.  ;)

I will also note that Don is always careful to avoid 'pushing' Nyle. It is difficult for us to answer questions and make explanations without mentioning our companies.

And to 'new guys' who discover a connection between a person who makes a post and an equipment manufacturing company, relax.  ;D Nobody is trying to pull anything over on you.

Den

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

shopteacher

I think Den and Don have gone out of their way to provide honest and useful information to all who have asked. I've never found them to be pushing their company or products and have probably given out information that could possibly cost them a sale or consultation fee. I'm just glad to have such knowledgeable folks here and willing to take their time and effort to help us work out a problem or make a decision.
Thanks to you both.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

MemphisLogger

I have a Porter Cable 7518 3 1/4hp 15amp variable speed router. It eats up some wood.

The table is 3/4 melamine with a wood frame built into the rence rails on my 12" table saw.

The fence is a single purpose jointing setup with offset infeed and outfeed fences. It has "Board Buddies" on it to keep long stock flat on the table.

The router bit cuts both profiles, with the tongue being rounded, the groove being square and make a little nail slot along the top of the tongue. The resulting fit is fabulous.

I skip plane 4/4 down to 7/8" and then separate what really needs to be jointed and joint it before picking face side and finish planing to no less than 3/4".

I then joint the edge and cut the groove in the same action on the router table and then rip it to width (plus allowance for the tongue) and set it aside to mill the tongue in a second run.

It works alright but I'd much rather have a 4 or 5 head moulder.      ;D

Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

Jeff

falllguy2000, The person you are hearing from is me. I don't allow this kind of crap on the Forestry Forum. It simply dont happen. over 1300 members I guess there has to be one. I am deleting most of this thread. You dont deserve any answers from this forum due to your conduct from your very first post. If I see anymore posts or comments like the ones aimed at our members someone is going by-by. >:( Disruption anywhere on the Forestry forum by attitude and comments such as I deleted will NOT be tolerated.

I can and will ban someone from the server if I have too. Done it before. I'll do it again. Hell, I even got somebody's internet turned off by thier ISP because disrupting a forum is illegal. Not a problem for me. I got the phone number all keyed up for comcast. Can you tell I am mad?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

HORSELOGGER

Personally I'm glad ya done what ya done Jeff. I read that post yesterday, and just based on the way he was not really asking a question, but rather demanding information, I wasnt gonna waste the time typin!
Heritage Horselogging & Lumber Co.
"Surgical removal of standing timber, Leaving a Heritage of timber for tommorow. "

Jeff

Well HORSELOGGER, I re-thought things. He aint even going to read my comments. Next time he tries to access the forum he will simply get one of those nice white pages you see sometimes that says "Not found"  ;D

HORSELOGGER

I'm not sure I like what you just called me! :D
Heritage Horselogging & Lumber Co.
"Surgical removal of standing timber, Leaving a Heritage of timber for tommorow. "

Fla._Deadheader

:o :o :o :o  What a TYPO, Jeffrey :o :o :o :o :D :D :D :D

Ya done good with that Dude ;) ;) :)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Jeff

Thank You Sponsors!